Rainier partner(s) wanted July 8-16

Original Post
John Perri · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi everyone, I'm looking for people to climb Rainier with sometime during the July 8-16 window. I participated in 2 summit attempts with a guide service earlier this month. Both were up the Disappointment Cleaver route, and both ended early due to weather-related issues. We got to 12,500' and 13,500' on those trips. I am a strong climber, but lack the experience necessary to do it solo or guide a team. I am trained in glacier travel and self-arrest procedures, but not in crevasse rescue. It would be awesome to join a team. Maybe aim for a 2 day climb, but add another day as a bad weather option, or use it for training? I would be driving up from California and would be happy to pick up anyone along the way and buy you dinner and beers. 

Joe DiNardo · · Cleveland, Ohio · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hey John I am interested in climbing rainier with you; however I don't have any technical mountaineering skills. I am knowledgeable of the wilderness, I have climbing, skiing, and backpacking experience including a few trips on rainier. I can assure you that my limited knowledge would not cause me to be a burden, but if you are looking for someone who can add to your knowledge, then unfortunately I am not the person you're looking for. But the dates work out perfectly. I am from Cleveland and have the first three weeks of July off. I have been planning on heading out west, I just haven't decided between Washington, Oregon, or Utah. 

Good luck to you and I hope you will consider me as a climbing partner,

Joe D. (216) 798-4442

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply