Cochise Stronghold East Side Guidebook Release

Original Post
cochiseclimbing · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 125

Well,  I finally finished it.  Come help me celebrate at Dragoon Brewing Co. on July 14th at 6pm.

Both the East and West Side Books will be available with  a nice slipcover to house them both as a "Complete" set.

There will be a complimentary beer with each guidebook purchase. Have you tried their Stronghold Session? Could it have a better name?

I will put on a slideshow to feature some of the new areas and get you inspired for the fall season.

We are glad to hear that the Lizard Fire was contained to the northern areas and did not reach our beloved Rockfellow Group. A portion of beer sales is being donated to the Benson Volunteer Fire Department to thank them and all the wildlands firefighters for their incredible efforts.

Chris treggE · · Madison, WI · Joined May 2007 · Points: 9,150

Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!1

TKlein · · Tempe, AZ · Joined Jan 2016 · Points: 170

Yessssssss! Can't wait to scoop one. Nice work! 

Alex "Tojo" Kray · · Chandler, AZ · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 90

Was our pre-order for the guidebook only for the west side or was it for both? 

-Tojo

Come get the scoop on ALL the routes on the East Side!

jbak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 2,610

What Alex Kray said.

And some of us are climbing tomorrow so won't be there.

I am so grateful to those who pre-purchased when I thought it was only going to be one book as it helped me get started without a business loan or a publisher before I knew how big the project would be.  I don't want to offend anyone by my enthusiasm and naivete when I started the project so I am going to work something out and will send out an email to you all soon.

jbak-I admire your commitment to climbing over free beer. Everyone is chomping at the bit to get up there since the fire. Guess I can take out all the photos of where to find the 5.12 steep routes from the slideshow now. Glad the Forest Fire is contained. Dragoon Brewery is donating a portion of tonight's sales  to the Benson Volunteer Fire Department for their efforts in the Lizard Fire. Thanks to all the Wildland Firefighters out there.

jbak · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 2,610

Tanya... I don't _really_ expect anything more for my pre-purchase.  I was kind of surprised to get the first book !

Can't quite parse your comment about 5.12 steep routes.    Edit: oh...wait...I think I get it.

The  mountain was EMPTY yesterday.  Only saw 2 fire vehicles and a sheriff.  And a few cyclists.  Upper butterfly lot was empty.

JB

Hendrixson · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Sep 2007 · Points: 3,290

Any plans to set up a table at Rocks & Ropes?  What is a best way to obtain a copy?

John, yes, I will have a table at Rocks & Ropes at 5:30 p.m. Monday - Friday this week. Otherwise, the best way to get a copy at the moment is to order from cochiseclimbing.com.

Thanks for all the orders, 

I left out that they are available at www.cochiseclimbing.com. There is an option to order both books as a set with the slipcover. If you already have the West Side book, send a note with your East Side book purchase and I will send a slipcover to hold both books. Looks like this:

Tanya, thank you so much for the book and the nice note.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that it's one of the best done climbing guidebooks that we've seen (and I'm a guidebook nut).  Can't wait for our Thanksgiving trip!  All the best,radek & Shirley 

THANK YOU for your kind words and hope you have an awesome trip. Let me know if you need help slimming down the route options.  Tanya

Will McConaughy · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Feb 2017 · Points: 20

Killer book, one of the best IMHO. It's sitting on top of my toilet next to A Brief History of Time and a Dec 2016 copy of Nat Geo where (other than the crag) it will see the most traffic!!

I think I'm putting the Labyrinth on my-top-10-climbs-to-do-before-I die list, it looks wild. Thanks for putting in all that hard work Tanya, it shows!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply