Idaho Alpine Partners

Original Post
Zach Weyn · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 203

Looking for some folks willing to get after some alpine objectives in the Sawtooths, Lost River Range, or Cascades this summer. PM me if interested. I've climbed Baker, Shuksan, Adams, and Hood in the Cascade range, and a handful of peaks in Idaho.

Michael Shell · · Idaho Falls, ID · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I'm looking to knock off the 12ers this year.  I'd be interested in some climbs.

Kyle Walter · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm heading to Idaho from Wyoming now, looking for partners. Sawtooth range looks awesome!

kevinhansen · · Albion Idaho · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 35

dkevinhansendkevinhansen@gmail.com

The Lost River Range ice season was crap this year. Not withstanding a few trips into the Borah North Face.

By the way, the North Face is awesome right now. Get it while its good.

Joe Crane · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2012 · Points: 25

What's this I hear about a poor ice season in the Lost River Range?

longlep · · Reno, NV · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Would anyone want to climb Myopia or Mojo on the perch this Saturday (07/01) or next Wednesday/Thursday (07/02 or 07/03)?  I know it will be a crowded weekend up there, but I suspect these routes will not be too crowded.

Zach Weyn · · Boise, ID · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 203

Attempted the June Couloir on Williams this past weekend -- unfortunately it was out, unless you want to climb some chossy rock sections between the peeling snow left in the couloir. Instead, my partner and I took a wide bypass chute to climber's right and scrambled up the east ridge on easy, but chossy terrain. I opted to use a running belay for my partner's comfort, and as soon as we reached a snowfield on the south side we decided to head back. All in all, a great day in the mountains!

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 120
Joe Crane wrote:

I just saw the video this morning. That was great!

Old lady H · · Boise, Idaho · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 120
kevinhansen wrote:

dkevinhansendkevinhansen@gmail.com

The Lost River Range ice season was crap this year. Not withstanding a few trips into the Borah North Face.

By the way, the North Face is awesome right now. Get it while its good.

Hey Kevin, I sent you a PM or two on here. Is your email not correct?

Best, Helen

kevinhansen · · Albion Idaho · Joined Apr 2008 · Points: 35
Joe Crane wrote:

Not all of us are super hero's Joe! Some of us are just regular people. Take ME for example, I went into the Lost Rivers 6 times this last 2 months looking for ice and came up empty handed. Give me some more time and maybe I can repeat your route, or Dean's routes. One day.

Brock Mathias · · Mountain Home AFB · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey man I'm really new, would you be willing to take me with you so I could get some experience? I know how to belay and to climb with a top rope but that's about it lol

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply