Todra Gorge - Morocco

Original Post
Malcolm Ferguson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2014 · Points: 0

Hello,

I'm starting to plan out my next trip.  I was thinking two weeks sport climbing in Morocco looked fun.  Is anyone interested in joining me during late October - Early November?  I lead 10c, follow a little harder.

Shoot me a message if anyone's into it.

Maui Postma · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Malcolm,

I'm loosely planning a trip for early november as well.  Will let you know if it becomes more concrete.

Cheers,

Maui

Hey Maui,

That would be great!  Keep me posted, Morocco looks unreal!

duncan... · · London, UK · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 25

Morroco is a lovely country and I would strongly recommend a visit.

I thought the climbing itself at Todra was a bit mediocre. Taigha is supposed to be excellent, when I go back it will most likely be to here. Tafraoute also gets good reports (mostly trad., 1-5 pitch). I've not been to either. 

Hey Duncan,

When you say mediocre, do you mean easy?

duncan... · · London, UK · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 25
Malcolm Ferguson wrote:

Hey Duncan,

When you say mediocre, do you mean easy?

Mediocre: of only average quality; not very good'. Not related to difficulty. 

Compared with the great sport climbing cliffs of Spain and France, Todra limestone is a bit shattered and crumbly, not the best. I accept choss on long climbs but on single pitch routes the quality of the stone is important to me. Todra would make a worthwhile leg of an extended European/N. African trip but it's not a destination worth flying around the world for in my view. 

Of course Morroco, the country and the lovely people, is a reason itself but the best climbing is not in Todra. 

Hi,

Maybe I should brush up on my English, lol, thanks for the clarification.  I've been finding it hard to get good beta on Africa, but saw another guys post on here hyping up East Africa.  Do you know any good sites or have any contacts who know more about the continent?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply