Mountain Project Logo

Consistent weekday Clear Creek climbing partner, 3:30p to 6:30p

Original Post
aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 300

Back on the forum again, looking for a consistent weekday climbing partner for Clear Creek. Unfortunately, I have some key constraints, which is why it's hard to find a partner:

1. I can only climb once during the week. I have some fairly consistent partners on weekends, so it's just for weekday only (Monday to Thursday).
  2. I have to be home to get my kids ready for bed, so I have to leave Clear Creek around 6:30p (which is usually the time most people get to the crag after work). I would like to start climbing around 3/3:30p to get enough climbing.
  3. Since my time is limited, I like to be very consistent... even if it's consistently not climbing enough. If I don't climb one week for whatever reason, it's not like I can climb two days the next week. So I really appreciate partners who keep the line of communication open and make an effort to climb with me, because any lost climbing days are gone forever.

What grades you climb doesn't matter to me, I can belay you on whatever you want. I don't do very well in the heat, so I prefer shady crags higher up in the canyon this time of the year. I'm an inattentive and unsafe belayer, I never pay attention to my climber, and I barely know how to thread a Grigri... just kidding! I think myself pretty safe just like everyone else who posts in these forums, but you'll have to go climbing with me to find out if that's actually true. If you can work with my time constraints, please PM.

Bump! Someone must be able to climb from 3p to 6p on a weekday? I've always seen climbers out in Clear Creek during this time.

Taylor Hidalgo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I'm not a consistent climber but I'll be up for climbing next week if you'd like as you found a partner. I'm traveling from Tennessee.  Maybe could ask around out there while we climb! No worries either way. My number is 4233683484

Hi Taylor, I can't climb next week due to the 4th of July holiday, but thank you for the offer! I hope you find someone to climb with next week.

austin bd · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 146

I'm free to climb in CC all week! Let me know, 7077990994

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Colorado Partners
Post a Reply to "Consistent weekday Clear Creek climbing partner…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started