Anyone wanna help two Aussies climb in Yosemite?

Original Post
Chris F · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2014 · Points: 0

Hey guys and gals,

My wife and I are coming back to Yose on or around the 12-15 of October and we'd love to climb. We were there a few years ago and didn't get the chance to climb, we only hiked. The place is magical and calling me back. We'll have a car and will probably be airbnb-ing outside the park somewhere.
We're looking for someone you can take us up some climbs (preferably a few pitches at least - nothing overly strenuous). We'll buy you breakfast, lunch, dinner, beer, fuel, even a nice shiny cam if that takes your fancy. We're both super easy going and love a good adventure. We climb frequently at Arapiles in Australia and generally climb trad. We'll have our harnesses, shoes and belay devices, but thats probably it. I'd really love someone with some local knowledge of the area. Let me know if you can help us out - we can be somewhat flexible with the dates if needs be.

Cheers,
Chris and Philly
chrisferre@me.com

Carla R · · San Jose, CA · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 110

You could always hire the park's guiding service if you're willing to invest that much in a climber leading you up... also peace of mind that they're knowledgeable and competent.

Good luck!

kcyasso · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Definitely suggest just reaching out to the valley guiding service (Yosemite Mountaineering School) - folks can be subject to a fair bit of trouble if caught guiding or "guiding" without a permit on public land in the US, and it can create access problems for local climbing communities

Marc801 C · · Sandy, Utah · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 65
Chris F wrote:

Hey guys and gals,

My wife and I are coming back to Yose on or around the 12-15 of October and we'd love to climb. We were there a few years ago and didn't get the chance to climb, we only hiked. The place is magical and calling me back. We'll have a car and will probably be airbnb-ing outside the park somewhere.
We're looking for someone you can take us up some climbs (preferably a few pitches at least - nothing overly strenuous). We'll buy you breakfast, lunch, dinner, beer, fuel, even a nice shiny cam if that takes your fancy. We're both super easy going and love a good adventure. We climb frequently at Arapiles in Australia and generally climb trad. We'll have our harnesses, shoes and belay devices, but thats probably it. I'd really love someone with some local knowledge of the area. Let me know if you can help us out - we can be somewhat flexible with the dates if needs be.

Have you checked Airbnb yet? The majority of the rates are rather significant (most are entire houses in the $300-$600 / night range), assuming you don't want to be more than an hour's drive from the Valley. It may be cheaper to just get a room at the Yosemite Lodge.

Healyje · · PDX · Joined Jan 2006 · Points: 285
Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply