Mountain Project Logo

Climbing in Indonesia | climbing area near bandung

Original Post
izzuddin Witsqo · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 0

This is the way to the top of citatah 125. Most of the route is easy trad route ranging from 5.6-5.8 (4c-5b). It's only take 1hour - 2,5 hours to climb from the start until top of the mountain. 

This climbing area has more than 70 sport route ranging from 5.8 - 5.13b (5b-8a). Most of the route is overhanging and usually has 4-8 bolts. I'll upload the sport route topos soon.

thanks!

Pil Jungli · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 60

The cliffs around Bandung have so much potential for trad and bouldering. Good to see they discovered a way to climb on sight without lugging drills around. If you are from there maybe  you have more info about the best boulder areas now and natural areas developed so far.  I stayed for 3 weeks but became lost in the hills at times and in the city also. Beautiful people, loved it. 

Pil Jungli wrote:

The cliffs around Bandung have so much potential for trad and bouldering. Good to see they discovered a way to climb on sight without lugging drills around. If you are from there maybe  you have more info about the best boulder areas now and natural areas developed so far.  I stayed for 3 weeks but became lost in the hills at times and in the city also. Beautiful people, loved it. 

yes of course. but the problem for trad climbing is we hard to find a gear. because no shop which selling a trad gear with a good price. thanks man, i'll give more information about that soon. thanks 

Pil Jungli · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 60

Give some info about what has been done up till now. Trad and boulders. I can T bump you a pad and some gear for crack when I come back down. Good Izz.

Amy and Jessica Bacon · · san diego, ca · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

I'm heading to Bandung next week solo. Anyone want to climb? I brought my harness, belay device and shoes. I can lead sport up to 5.11+ and trad up to 5.8 (depending on how sand bagged it is). - Jessica

Amy and Jessica Bacon wrote:

I'm heading to Bandung next week solo. Anyone want to climb? I brought my harness, belay device and shoes. I can lead sport up to 5.11+ and trad up to 5.8 (depending on how sand bagged it is). - Jessica

Hey jessica

let's climb together! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply