Mountain Project Logo

Mid Week Needles & Weekend Anywhere, now through August

Original Post
DanielJames · · Chicago · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 95

Hey!  I'm living in Custer this summer and looking for people to do mid-week afternoon and weekend climbing.  I typically can get to any of the roadside sections of Custer State Park by 6pm any weekday, and have alternating Fridays off.  I've been fairly comfortably leading some of the bolder trad 5.8s in the Needles, and will probably be aiming to lead anything from 5.fun adventure trad through 5.9s leading on trad and high leading 5.11s sport.  If you lead harder I'm definitely down to second harder with trad.

Weekends I'm down to hang out in the Needles, go down to Vedauwoo, out to Devil's Tower, and up to Spearfish (or really anywhere else within 5 hours of Custer). I have two ropes, mastercams #0-4, doubles on BD#0.5 to old style 3.5 and 4 or equivalent+one old 4.5, full set of wallnuts+offset nuts, a stupid amount of hexes, tricams pink to blue, and a healthy supply of slings and draws.  Anyone in the area feel free to PM me! 

Best,

Dan

Jack Lange · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 80

I Pm'd you  a day or two ago, let me know if you received it!

Jess Arnold · · Minneapolis, MN · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 386

I'll be in the Custer area the last weekend of July & then Vedauwoo for a couple days in late August. Am interested in hitting up Devils on the way out to Vedauwoo. 

Would like a trad partner while in out at the Needles if you're down! I have everything except cams & am looking to lead in the 5.8/9 range.

Jack - I just texted you! Sorry I hadn't really had free internet access the past couple days but am good now

Jess - Absolutely down for any and all of the above!  As said I have us covered on cams and for the Needles that's the range I'm looking to lead as well (though am always down for fun or classic lower grades)

Jason Young · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 1,340

Hey Daniel,

I'm in the Spearfish area and looking to climb here or the Needles/Rushmore area. Let me know if you'd like to climb.

Jason

jdereks · · Minnesota · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 70

Jason! I thought I recognized Ziggy dog in your photo. Derek from Wrinkled Rock a few weeks ago. Hope all is well and safe travels!

Jason Young · · Los Alamos, NM · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 1,340
jdereks wrote:

Jason! I thought I recognized Ziggy dog in your photo. Derek from Wrinkled Rock a few weeks ago. Hope all is well and safe travels!

Derek,

Thanks man!  I hope you're having fun  :)

jdereks · · Minnesota · Joined Dec 2015 · Points: 70

You too. Keep in touch.

Jason Young wrote:

Hey Daniel,

I'm in the Spearfish area and looking to climb here or the Needles/Rushmore area. Let me know if you'd like to climb.

Jason

PM'd you!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply