Mountain Project Logo

Squamish cell coverage??

Original Post
Taylor Atkins · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Does anyone know how the cell coverage is around Squamish? I'll be going for a few weeks this summer and unfortunately need 4G's for work. I have T-Mobile so will be able to connect to towers in the area but just not sure how the coverage is. Any beta is appreciated! 

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530
Taylor Atkins wrote:

Does anyone know how the cell coverage is around Squamish? I'll be going for a few weeks this summer and unfortunately need 4G's for work. I have T-Mobile so will be able to connect to towers in the area but just not sure how the coverage is. Any beta is appreciated! 

Coverage is fine everywhere in town if you have international roaming. I would guess that Murrin and some of the more remote crags may be iffy, but the apron, chief, smoke bluffs, etc should all have good signal as I recall. 

David E Lloyd · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Are you kidding me, it is on a major highway to Whistler with thousands of rich yuppies driving up daily,  probably better cell coverage than in the USA

Andrew Davidson · · Everett, WA · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 1,265

I have T-mobile as well,  Looking at my phone's "Welcome to Canada" txt. it says "unlimited at 2G speeds for data".  I am sure it was saying that it was connected to a 3G network, but just throttled down. You can always swing by the visitor's center and use their WiFi, which is right next to Smoke Bluffs.  Overall, driving around lower BC, I got better cell coverage than I do here in WA. 

Alexander K · · The road · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 130

Best internet on the road is usually at Starbucks, there is one right across from Smoke Bluffs.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply