Search not working (Internet Explorer)

Original Post
Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 650

Is anyone else having trouble searching? No matter what I type into the search box, I get no results at all.  For example, I search for the word "rock" and get zero results.  It's really harshing my mellow, man.

Andrew Krajnik · · Plainfield, IL · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 250

Search stats for "rock":

25,866 routes

5,458 areas

477 users

9,900 photos

112,716 forum posts

and another 80,011 listed under "More"

Bizarre.  When I click on the link you posted, I am getting zero results.  

thebmags · · Outback, Subaru · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 130

What browser are you using ? Doesn't seem to play nice with the version of IE we have at work

thebmags wrote:

What browser are you using ? Doesn't seem to play nice with the version of IE we have at work

Ding ding ding! You're right, it is working fine in Chrome.  Thanks.

I'm using Chrome browser on my work network. (Not the default browser from our IT department.) I'll try IE. Stand by.

Yep, it appears to be an issue with IE. No search results at all when I first hit search.

HOWEVER, if I then type my search term into the field at the top of that black search page, it gives me search results.

Brian Huber · · Denver, CO · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

First off, just want to introduce myself to the community. I'm a new engineer here at Mountain Project, so you'll probably start to see me pop up here and there around the forums.

Now on to the exciting stuff: this pesky IE bug has been fixed and search should now work as expected going forward. Sometimes IE doesn't like certain otherwise-standard code. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

Welcome to the community, and thanks!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply