Mountain Project Logo

Chiang Mai Buddy

Original Post
Eric MC · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 3

Hey everybody!

My wife and I are going to be in Chiang Mai next week. Looking to meet up with somebody who knows the area for some climbing or just someone to hang out and eat tasty food with.  Any takers?

Derek Strittmatter · · Houston, Texas · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 20

Hey Eric,

Can't help you in Chiang Mai, but hit me up if you make it down to Railey or phi phi. My wife and I will be in those areas until the end of the month.

Helen L · · Toronto, Canada · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 206

if you head to Jira Homestay (almost across from Crazy Horse Buttress crag entrance), you will meet many climbers. You can also grab some food there.. they welcome people to sit and hang out there even if you aren't staying there. You can take a cheap (I think it was around 35 or 40B or something similar) local minibus to the crag.. tell the driver you are going to Jira Homestay. Pick it up across from the flower market in Chiang Mai. Google for details.

Adam Arlitt · · Austin, TX · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

I'm at the airport in HCM City right now heading to Chiang Mai. I'll be there until the 21st or 22nd. I don't know the area, but I want to get a day of climbing in if you are there before then. 

Eric MC · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 3

Hey everyone, our plans changed so we didn't end up climbing.  Thanks for the replies.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply