Mountain Project Logo

Atrocity Committed in Boulder Canyon

Original Post
Mark · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

My buddy and I left two victory beers cooling in Boulder Creek by the Cob Rock Tyrolean yesterday (6/12). After some sweaty climbing, just imagine our shock, horror, and disappointment with the human race when we discovered some low-lifes had taken them. (Fairly certain being washed away was impossible).

There be bad karma!

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195
Mark wrote:

My buddy and I left two victory beers cooling in Boulder Creek by the Cob Rock Tyrolean yesterday (6/12). After some sweaty climbing, just imagine our shock, horror, and disappointment with the human race when we discovered some low-lifes had taken them. (Fairly certain being washed away was impossible).

There be bad karma!

were they project beers? 

Scott McMahon · · Boulder, CO · Joined Feb 2006 · Points: 1,425

lol have you seen the people that hang out there?  Climbers, tourons and transients.  Gotta work at hiding your cache better!! 

Nick Sweeney · · Spokane, WA · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 969

Mark, the atrocity is yours.  Any self-respecting climber would stash their beers in such a way that it is nearly impossible to find them.  If I stumble across a cold beer in plain view, then I'm going to drink it!

D F · · Carbondale, CO · Joined Jun 2007 · Points: 406

A locked car isn't even safe in that spot. About 10 years ago my buddy saw the thieves making off with his car stereo and CD collection, but he couldn't get back across the river in time to do anything about it. He'd left his windows cracked for ventilation and that, combined with the stereo and CDs in plain sight, was enough to encourage the theft.

FrankPS · · Atascadero, CA · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 276

Yeah, those beers weren't stolen, they were abandoned. Or litter. Or something like that.

jg fox · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

This is click bait I approve of.

Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

everyone knows you have to build a rock shelter around your river beers. It aids in super cooling the brews. DUH. :P 

ShanJ2me · · Black Hills, SD · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 1,145

Did you have a red tag on them? If Not-- Open Project!

Jake wander · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 195
s.price wrote:

Turns out they were booty beers. 

nice. wonder if whoever bootied them would be willing to mail them back to their owner. the owner would be willing to send a six pack and good vibes.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Lost and Found
Post a Reply to "Atrocity Committed in Boulder Canyon"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started