Anyone use the Mobility WOD Battlestar?

Original Post
TheBirdman · · Eldorado Springs, Colorado · Joined Jan 2010 · Points: 0

After reading the evening sends interview with Kelly Starrett, I picked up a Battlestar from the Rogue website. I like the cradle design as the issue I've had with other foam rollers is that just putting them on the ground I was never able to get the leverage I wanted. The stand that is included with the Battlestar solved that issue as I can place it on the floor or raise it up on boxes. I bought the full set (pricey) including the "Battle Saw".

What I'm finding interesting is that I love the whole set up for all the same things you'd use a foam roller for (IT band, quads, hamstrings, and hips). It's like a supercharged foam roller. However, this thing also outperforms my armaid by a long shot for forearm relief. Basically, laying in plank position, you can press your forearms against the roller and it works better than any other forearm mobility tool I've come across. I don't know if it was designed for this, but has anyone else used the Battlestar? Do you use it on your forearms? What's your experience been?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply