Mountain Project Logo

New to Malibu Creek and climbing

Original Post
Tabitha Deptula · · Burbank · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 15

Hi. Willing to trade belays or sandwiches for a partner. I can go early mornings. 

I'm not super experienced. I have toproped and lead in gym before and once outside. Looking to get more advanced asap. I range in the 5.10 area.

I should note that I have no idea how to set up an anchor/toprope and would like to learn that as well. 

Thanks ya'll

Flint Moon · · Thousand Oaks, CA · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 3

Hey, I usually go down there a couple mornings a week and climb. If you want to get together just shoot me a PM.

Flint

Awesome. I'll get back to you as soon as I know what my schedule is like this week.

Guy Keesee · · Moorpark, CA · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 310

Welcome to Climbing 

Walter Cifuentes · · Van Nuys, CA · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Tabitha and Flint. I live in Van Nuys and looking for some climbing partners. Mind if I join up? Climbing 5.10 and can lead. Learning trad.

yosem1te · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 15

I'm gonna jump in on this too, I'm new to the area and looking to get out of the gym more. I've a rope and draws and happy to climb and belay anyone. Let me know if anyone wants to go to Malibu creek soon!

Rob M · · Shangri-LA · Joined Jun 2010 · Points: 20

Guy Keesee wrote:"Be very honest about your skillz and experience.

Thanks!

Very true about the grades. I went to Dume today and did ok I think thanks to a good teacher I found on this community. Super grateful to meet everyone here. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply to "New to Malibu Creek and climbing "
in the Southern California