Mountain Project Logo

Leavenworth vanlifing - free spots

Original Post
Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

Any know any good spots to camp around Leavenworth for free? I imagine "stealth" camping in and around town is like any town, but any good spots that are actually a bit secluded?

alpine murse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 95

Icicle canyon, the pullouts all along the road

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,362

Please don't camp at Forestkand or at any trailheads. They all have obvious and copious amounts of signage asking us not to. I am no nit-picker or inherent rule follower by any stretch but given how visible we are as climbers in the canyon I for one think it is just best to play nice with the man.

Johnny Ink · · Portland · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 245

Mike brady doesnt know anything.

Michael Brady · · Wenatchee, WA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 1,362
Johnny Ink wrote:

Mike brady doesnt know anything.

Johnny Ink made it into the mag and then quit climbing and then became a fat electrician!!! I am sure he will make beautiful babies though that will climb harder than him straight outta the womb! 

Oh....and he thinks Tuff is actual rock!!!

Come at me bro!!

Johnny Ink · · Portland · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 245

haha...YOU'RE GOING DOWN BRADY.

Ben Williams · · Van · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 40

Seems your right about the forestland parking lot, the locals I've chatted with have all said to go there to camp out over night saying, "there are likely plenty of other climbers sleeping there, just as long as your staying in your car it seems to be okay"

but I'll check out the other places you mentioned, don't wanna give the community a bad rep 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Pacific Northwest
Post a Reply to "Leavenworth vanlifing - free spots"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started