Leavenworth vanlifing - free spots

Original Post
Ben Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 25

Any know any good spots to camp around Leavenworth for free? I imagine "stealth" camping in and around town is like any town, but any good spots that are actually a bit secluded?

a.blair · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 65

Icicle canyon, the pullouts all along the road

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 681

Bridge Creek Free Camping - If you are heading up canyon turn left at the Bridge Creek sign, drive up a steep hill for a bit and there will be an obvious road on the left drive down it for a sec and there is camping.

The Free RV lot (something like 15 miles up canyon from the gas station (Huge lot on the river side of the road)

There are quite a few other cool little spots, just go explore

LMS parking lot (I think a 7 day max)

Please don't camp at Forestkand or at any trailheads. They all have obvious and copious amounts of signage asking us not to. I am no nit-picker or inherent rule follower by any stretch but given how visible we are as climbers in the canyon I for one think it is just best to play nice with the man.

Johnny Ink · · Portland · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 240

Mike brady doesnt know anything.

Mike Brady · · Van Diesel, OR · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 681
Johnny Ink wrote:

Mike brady doesnt know anything.

Johnny Ink made it into the mag and then quit climbing and then became a fat electrician!!! I am sure he will make beautiful babies though that will climb harder than him straight outta the womb! 

Oh....and he thinks Tuff is actual rock!!!

Come at me bro!!

Johnny Ink · · Portland · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 240

haha...YOU'RE GOING DOWN BRADY.

Ben Williams · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 25

Seems your right about the forestland parking lot, the locals I've chatted with have all said to go there to camp out over night saying, "there are likely plenty of other climbers sleeping there, just as long as your staying in your car it seems to be okay"

but I'll check out the other places you mentioned, don't wanna give the community a bad rep 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply