Mountain Project Logo

Virginia/WV/MD climbing partner

Original Post
joe Marin · · Harrisonburg, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hey!

I'm in Harrisonburg VA for the summer and I need people to climb with anywhere nearby (within like, 4 hours) on weekdays and weekends. I like trad and sport, have offset nuts and tricams.

I'm up for whatever. Message me if you are interested in climbing anywhere around the 4 hour radius too

Ariel Gonzalez · · Baldwin, MD · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi Joe!

I am looking for a partner to climb outdoors, I am currently in MD area but over the weekends I can do VA area. I do mostly sport, toprope, I have never done before trad but I am willing to learn if not I can belay you.

Let me know! my mobile # 646-301-1321

Amber Beckman · · Seneca Rocks, WV · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hello!

I too am living just outside Harrisonburg for the summer (Broadway, VA.) Just recently got into sport climbing after dabbling in the indoor gyms and sport climbing down at New River Gorge. Not a very strong climber but looking to get more comfortable outside...  

Gummy · · Akron, OH · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 795

Hey all,

I head to the New River Gorge every weekend to climb. If any of you come in let me know, my group is always keen on more climbers!

Number: (330) 819-6235

Cheers! 

Matthew Massey · · Beckley, WV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

Hi everyone. NRG local here. Shoot me a text if any of you guys want to climb on any Sunday-Tuesday!

(304)-910-1601

ReggieGoldkush · · Carbondale, IL · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

Sane here y'all! Living near Fayetteville wv all summer ;) down to learn some trad ( I have a few smaller cams) and sport. Usually free any day of the week and weekends! 

1. Reggie goldkuhl 

(314) 749-4854

Eric Newman · · Clifton, VA · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

Hey folks, 

hoping to climb at Seneca this weekend, but have rack, will travel. If anyone still needs a partner let me know 9702177050

Chris Watkins · · Jackson, Ohio · Joined Feb 2014 · Points: 5

We will be climbing in the New this week-end 6/24-25. We have room if interested.

Cheers, Chris (740) 418-3157

John-Paul Zajackowski · · Manassas, VA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hey all!

I'm just outside of Gainesville and I like to climb at Buzzard, Talking Head, and Seneca a bunch. We've got a small group we climb with, both sport and trad (and you can hop on TR after someone leads it), if anyone's interested in coming out and meeting some low key climbers who like to climb. We span the whole range of moderate, so not quite noobies but also not tough projecting climbers.

Paul Kim · · Springfield, VA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

what's up thread, 

i just graduated college and am free for the rest of the summer! I'm in Northern VA but I have a car and I'm down to hit up Great Falls, the New or any other places within 3-5 hrs. I don't have a lot of trad experience or gear but definitely down for any type of climbing (trad/sport/toprope/bouldering). I also have rope and some anchor building equipment. Hmu at 703-498-7792

Spencer Whelan · · Fairfax, VA · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Took a couple of y'all number! Looking to climb Monday and Tuesday's. I'm in fairfax, VA! All I have is shoes n crash pad but I just want to climb. 916-803-1113

Michael Diep · · vienna, va · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0
Spencer Whelan wrote:

Took a couple of y'all number! Looking to climb Monday and Tuesday's. I'm in fairfax, VA! All I have is shoes n crash pad but I just want to climb. 916-803-1113

My friend has Mondays off, so I'd be willing to take a day trip on a Monday some time.  Got a rope, rack, and pad.  

Susumu N. · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Hey everyone, I'm in DC and also looking to get out and do some outdoor climbing. I don't have much in terms of gear besides shoes/harness/chalkbag. So far I've only TR'd outside but want to learn lead climbing too. Anything within 4-5 hours of the DC region would be good for me (farther for longer trips).

If anyone is in the NoVa area, I also go to the EarthTreks in crystal city 3 days a week and could use a climbing partner, so let me know if anyone is down to join.

Michael Astran · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0
joe Marin wrote:

Hey!

I'm in Harrisonburg VA for the summer and I need people to climb with anywhere nearby (within like, 4 hours) on weekdays and weekends. I like trad and sport, have offset nuts and tricams.

I'm up for whatever. Message me if you are interested in climbing anywhere around the 4 hour radius too

Michael Astran · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

You are welcome to join our DC climbing family:  https://m.facebook.com/groups/1697772697181319

I usually plan an event every weekend except for the few weekends I am out of town for work.  

Mike 

Sean Tracy · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

If anyone is going out to the Furnace or Buzzard I live just around the corner and can get out weekdays and weekends.  Always up for a run to Old Rag, Seneca, Reeds Creek, Franklin, or Smoke Hole.

Aaron Fleming · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2016 · Points: 0

Hey, me and 3 friends will be at the New River the 27- Aug 2. Down to meet other climbers.  Text me 8138430800 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply