Mountain Project Logo

Asshole

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
timinthehouse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

I hope that it's just a misunderstanding cause thats fucked up man.

grog m · · Saltlakecity · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 70

Major dick move if intentional. Please update if its only a misunderstanding.

"FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.

• Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud."
Jordan Whitley · · NC · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 240

MMMMmmmm..... casserole.

Jordan Whitley · · NC · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 240

And always use goods and services when sending money through Paypal, that little fee is what gets you the protection. If you send it Friends & Family / gift (no fee); you are afforded no protections whatsoever. Paypal has a reputation of siding with the buyer though. If you didn't use goods and services or if he didn't send it that way, they wont even listen to your request. 

Sdm1568 · · Ca · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 80
20 kN wrote:

The safest protection is buying from people with a solid reputation on the forum.

I've been buying and selling for years on here with no issues and this is my take as well. 

Max Supertramp · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2008 · Points: 95

the only 100% method is abstinence.  

Marc Squiddo · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 15
Sdm1568 wrote:

I've been buying and selling for years on here with no issues and this is my take as well. 

Yep this. Age on the forum, no negative marks and age on other forums as well. A users paypal account also shows how many transactions have been completed. Yet another was to help drive a positive likely outcome.

Embarrassed to say · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 5

I might not convinced yet that there wasn't another issue...I'd like to hear the follow-up. He's got plenty of easy to access public info., if he really screwed this guy it wouldn't be hard to hand out some repercussions.

Ha, seriously though. If you're going to screw someone over you better erase your social media presence. My god, you've got the University information, family, friends. I'm pretty sure there's an avenue to at least get your money's worth. I'm calling Mom, Dad, Sister, University, Advisor, Dept. head. Make sure you at least get your $200 worth of vindication. 

eli poss · · Durango, CO · Joined May 2014 · Points: 525
Max Supertramp wrote:

the only 100% method is abstinence.  

Nah, that's not 100% either, just ask the Virgin Mary ;) 

Logan Peterson · · Santa Fe, NM · Joined Jan 2015 · Points: 196
eli poss wrote:

Nah, that's not 100% either, just ask the Virgin Mary ;) 

My vow of abstinence didn't work very well in the Pen. Maybe that's why everyone called me "Mary" on the yard?

This whole thing screams misunderstanding or bs.

This topic is locked and closed to new replies.

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started