Alps July 1-8

Original Post
Nicola DB · · Brookfield, CT · Joined Nov 2014 · Points: 0

Hello

looking for some good climbing in the Alps. Examples: granite Central Alps (Salbit, Furka, Albigna in Switzerland), Hautes Alpes-Ecrins, or any other idea you might have. Bolted multipitch french grade 6a/6b (5.10), at reasonable altitude so to stay cool, would be my preference.

I have climbed already in those areas and I am quite familiar with the Alps. I will have car and gear, starting from Italy (near Milan). 

PM me if interested

Nicola

Anouk Erni · · Portland, OR · Joined Apr 2011 · Points: 95

Hi! I will be in Switzerland July 1st-9th and am looking for a climbing partner for some long, moderate, alpine routes.  I have my eye on the granite routes near and on Piz Badile, but am open to other areas as well. I will PM you.

bfrancis · · Flagstaff, AZ · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 20

Hello Nicola and Anouk,

I am visiting my in-laws here in France through July 7th.  My weekend just opened up for July 1-2 and I would love to get out on some sport routes in the French or Swiss Alps.  6a sounds just about right for me.  I have a 70 meter rope and plenty of draws to go with.  Cheers!

Brian

bkfrancis2003@yahoo.com

Nick Arthur · · Travelling · Joined May 2017 · Points: 88

I'm staying at a hostel run by climbers in Gryon till July 8th (gryon.com). I don't have real multipitch experience unfortunately, but am trying to learn. The speed climbing competition in Villars is also here July 7-9th. If you want to climb here I'd be up for it - there's also people with more multipitch experience around. Would like to do this (most routes not on mountainproject https://www.mountainproject.com/v/le-miroir-dargentine/107646478)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply