THIS IS NOT THE PARTNER FINDING FORUM

Original Post
Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,361

Looking for a partner?  There's a section for that.

https://www.mountainproject.com/forum/105987244/eastern-and-southern-states

sara pax · · western mass · Joined Jun 2013 · Points: 153

Oh cool! I'll just post in both from now on.

sara pax wrote:

Oh cool! I'll just post in both from now on.

At least there'd be a fraction of the traffic here in the right area.

Ron Birk · · Boston, MA · Joined Sep 2009 · Points: 3,303

I asked about the double posts for years and the moderators/admins have no interest making it more clear or helpful. We just have to live with the double posts.

beensandbagged · · R.I. · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 0

It seems someones sense of order has been disturbed....

Ron Birk wrote:

I asked about the double posts for years and the moderators/admins have no interest making it more clear or helpful. We just have to live with the double posts.

It's not even double posts anymore, people are literally ignoring the partner section.  Mind as well just close it.

beensandbagged wrote:

It seems someones sense of order has been disturbed....

At the time I posted this thread HALF (I counted) the threads in this section on the first page were partner finding requests.  That's disorder, by forum standards.

grog m aka Greg McKee · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 0

By the way I am looking for a partner for this weekend 6/16-1/18 Salt Lake City area. I know this is the Southern states but you never know

; )

mike gibson · · Rapid City, SD · Joined Jul 2006 · Points: 0
grog m aka Greg McKee wrote:

By the way I am looking for a partner for this weekend 6/16-1/18 Salt Lake City area. I know this is the Southern states but you never know

; )

Bravo.  Good thing I wasn't drinking milk when I read that.

JFM · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,658

grog this is not the partner finding thread.

but do you have the number for Rock n Resole?

Chris Duca · · Havertown, PA · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 1,955

Anyone want to climb in the gunks on Thursday?

Michael Schneider · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 85

The Gunks? on Thursday, ?  It is Looking to be very nice weather, would you care to sample some climbing an hour to the south-east? Not a 'connect the chalk-dots' type of thing, Fresh stone, grit, dirt and hard sequences. B.O.B x3 ; Bring your own brushes, & beers n buds; other boulders (too).\;^7|.              ITS ALL GOOD ! (*)

Check, The Smallz album of pictures, on my page                                                                                                                                                                          If anything ( not Avon, or that free-standing column ) looks good, get in touch, that is only about a 10th, of what is around here.

trailridge · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

From what I understand, over 60% of the partner requests actually are not real people.  They are what, are known to the intelligence folks as "bots"!  These bots are fake people originating in Russia, created to wreck havoc on the hobbies of Americans.  The best thing to do is not overreact(Kevin)  but relax and continue to climb.  Stay strong America 

If we can't post for partners, what are we going to talk about on this forum? Climbing grades and how 5.4+ at the gunks is AT LEAST 5.5 anywhere else? The indispenability of tricams on one single climb in the northeast and how this means carrying them on your harness at all time is mandatory  (yes even while bouldering in the gym)?  Or how about the "I know there are going to be black flies, but like can anyone give me an estimate of exactly how many per square meters I can expect (+/- 10)"?  

It is a shame this forum gets clogged up with partner posts, detracting from the important stuff!

Zach Swanson · · Newton, MA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 28
sara pax wrote:

If we can't post for partners, what are we going to talk about on this forum?

Don't forget that someone left one scarpa shoe on the 2nd pitch of something at Cathedral, would be great if someone could return it.

zswan wrote:

Don't forget that someone left one scarpa shoe on the 2nd pitch of something at Cathedral, would be great if someone could return it.

More like, I got a cam stuck in the cracks below dougs roof in the Uberfall. Can someone get it out and send it too me along with your debit card pin and ss#?

Dave Holliday · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2003 · Points: 1,156

Clearly Kevin is the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules.

chris_vultaggio · · The Gunks · Joined Dec 2008 · Points: 390

Hey now that this is becoming the default partner thread, I'm local and around to climb this summer on weekdays if anyone is looking to get out...

Luke Bertelsen · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Feb 2005 · Points: 2,441
Ron Birk wrote:

Double Posts!!!!.............Man, life is hard.

Zach Swanson · · Newton, MA · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 28
Dave Holliday wrote:

Clearly Kevin is the only one around here who gives a shit about the rules.

Can you provide me a  link to these so-called rules. Thanks Dad.

(Also does anyone else find it amusing that the entire Eastern seaboard, plus all of "the south" gets lumped into one giant Partner Finder Forum, while California gets a north/south split, and CO/UT/NV each get their own?)

Chris Duca · · Havertown, PA · Joined Dec 2006 · Points: 1,955
chris_vultaggio wrote:

Hey now that this is becoming the default partner thread, I'm local and around to climb this summer on weekdays if anyone is looking to get out...

I need a partner for Wednesday from about 11:30 until dark.  Any interest? 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply