Looking for climbing partner(s) for Austin Area (Greenbelt, Remiers, Enchanted Rock)

Original Post
David Arredondo · · Austin, Texas · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hi all,

My name is David Arredondo, I like to climb rocks, and I'd like to climb with you. I'm new to the Austin area, and I'm stoked to get outside. I'm down for any type of climbing, but what I want most is to jam my floppy appendages into cracks and place pro. I've mostly climbed on easy bolted routes (5.10+) while oogling at my strong friends climbing hard things at Rumney (NH), but I've also lead a couple 5.5s at the gunks (NY). 

Ideally, You, hypothetical partner, and I will be clipping bolts and sweating on the greenbelt Mon-Thurs, and prancing off to slightly grander adventures at Remiers or Enchanted Rock on the weekend. 

Gear: I own a 70 meter rope and some quickdraws, and will soon be the proud father of a set of stoppers and hexes.

My phone number is 9405354526, and my email is dca2123@columbia.edu. Let me know when you wanna get outside.

TL;DR

In Austin, wants partner

Pros: Will belay you, has gear, willing to suffer

Cons: Moral Relativist, doesn't own a dog :.(

Ted Pinson · · Chicago, IL · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 190

So I'm a displaced Texan who lives in Chicago but frequently visits family in the San Antonio/Austin area (Boerne).  Although I may not be the best candidate for a regular Austin partner, I am crazy enough to climb in the heat (went to ERock last July) and psyched to get on that wonderful pink granite, or clip some bolts at Reimers if you prefer.  I'll be in town around the first week of July if you want to climb!

Btw I discovered that most locals don't find partners here, they use the Facebook group.  Are you a member?

David Arredondo · · Austin, Texas · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Ted, I'm totally down to climb on either or both of those weekends at Erock on that first week in July.

And thanks for letting me know about the Facebook group; I'll get on that.

Hayden Smith · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey David, 

I live in College Station (2hr N of Austin) and I'm feverish to practice trad climbing. 

I'm not the best climber, 5.10-, but I'm getting trained currently on Lead climbing and anchor building. I've climbed at Reimer's before, its a lot of fun with varying degrees of sport climbing, but I'd really love to get some practice placing pro at E rock. 

I have school and work during the week, but my weekends are free, i'm a Texan born and raised so a 2-3 hour drive is a good drive for me! 

First weekend of July would be tight!

+ I do have a dog, he's a great climbing partner but sucks at belay.

-Hayden

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply