Help wanted: Southerner looking for granite (Buena Vista)

Original Post
Nathan Walker · · Buena Vista, CO · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Hey, I'm in Buena Vista for the summer and am planning on going to Penitente Valley (or anything within a 2 hr drive of BV) tomorrow to do some sport. I'm from the South and haven't gotten to climb in CO much yet, so I'm excited to explore some granite. Someone told me there was some out here, but I haven't seen any yet......

I'll also be free about once a week for the rest of the summer if you're down to climb some other time.

If you're interested message me and I'll dm you my cell #.

John Ryan · · Poncha Springs, CO · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 150

Hey bro every piece of rock you see in BV is granite, assuming you were being serious. I'm a Southern transplant and am down on getting out this summer. I live 25 minutes south from you. I'll PM ya. 

Adam N · · Lexington, KY · Joined Mar 2013 · Points: 0

Nathan,

im staying in gunnison for the summer but I'm from Kentucky. I'd like to climb with you but i don't know the area at all. It might end up being "the blind leading the blind situation" but if you need someone let me know. 502 292 8872

Rachel Hallnan · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Nov 2013 · Points: 0

Hey Nathan,

Kinda late on the reply here but I just moved to Leadville just north of you for the summer and am looking for some local climbing partners. I'd be psyched to meet up an climb if you're interested! Independence pass is right between us and looks pretty fun...

Nathan Walker · · Buena Vista, CO · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 0

Sounds great! Rachel - I just messaged you.

And I'm off work today if anyone wants to climb and is free.

I'm also off next Saturday and would be down to plan something if anyone is interested. I'm itching to get down to Penetente

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply