Mountain Project Logo

Logan area camping

Original Post
Sarah Kerr · · Tucson, AZ · Joined Jul 2016 · Points: 0

Hello Utah Climbers, We are driving from AZ to Wyoming and want to spend a couple nights in Logan area to sport climb. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get a camp spot? I notice some sites are first come first serve. Is it possible to camp on forestry land too? Is there any camping at a crag? What about dogs, are they allowed? Thank you!

NRobl · · Hyrum, UT · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 1

I have found it easier to camp in either green canyon (about a 5 min drive north of Logan canyon) or Blacksmith fork canyon (about 15-20 minutes south of logan canyon).  Left hand fork (off of blacksmith fork) has the most options for camping and I would be really surprised if you couldn't find a spot.   There is also climbing in left hand fork canyon and you can camp right by the crags.  All of the camping in green canyon and blacksmith/left hand fork is in national forest and it's free.  If you camp in Logan, I believe you have to pay.  Logan canyon is also a lot more crowded.  Dogs shouldn't be a problem in any of the above-mentioned canyons.  I'm out in left hand fork numerous times per week hiking/climbing with my two dogs.  If you have any trouble finding a place, send me a PM: my girlfriend and I live right at the mouth of Blacksmith fork.  We actually just moved up here from Arizona last September.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Northern Utah & Idaho
Post a Reply to "Logan area camping"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started