Trad Lead Beginner Looking to climb with Other Trad Beginners

Original Post
Mingwai · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0

Hi, I've climbed trad for a year and have all the gear,  but am really wishing to get more proficient at it this summer. Looking for a patient partner who might also want to practice. How about some easy 5.7's or 5.8's at Eldo, Clear Creek, or Boulder Canyon? 

Weekdays preferrable and having another female partner would be ideal, but by no means a requirement. 

Feel free to get in touch, 720-four64-80six4. Thanks!

Adam Wingate · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hi, I am also a beginning climber.  I've mostly only bouldered and top roped indoors (about 8 months), but I want to finally get outside.  I don't have much gear yet, but I would be willing to learn, practice, and belay for you.  

Also, I am free pretty much any day of the week starting next week, so whenever you are free, I'm down!

aikibujin · · Castle Rock, CO · Joined Oct 2014 · Points: 290

Not trying to be a jerk, just giving a very serious suggestion: if you're a self professed trad beginner, only been doing it for a year, wouldn't it be better to look for more experienced trad climbers to learn from? There's a lot of stuff that can go wrong with climbing, beginners practice with beginners doesn't strike me as the safest way to learn.

JayL · · Broomfield, Co · Joined May 2016 · Points: 15

Sent you a message 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply