Moving to Albuquerque housing beta requested

Original Post
Phil Sakievich · · Tempe, AZ · Joined Aug 2014 · Points: 30

So I'm moving to the ABQ at the end of the month to start working at Sandia National Labs. Any suggestions on where to live/rent? I've got a wife and a 1 year old so safe neighborhoods are a big deal but schools aren't yet. Small commute and climbing access are my dream attributes. 3/4 bed 2 bath house 1400-2000 sqft with a backyard where our son can play is the target, and a big deal to my wife  

Most of her dreams seem to be coming true on the west side of town but we'd both rather be on the east side.

PM's on deals/suggestions, or if you know some one looking to rent a place out are all appreciated. I'm house hunting in abq until Friday. If you help me find a rad place then I'll be your belay bitch on any local objective of your choosing. 

Mike Mooney · · Silverthorne, CO · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 0

Stay East. East of Tramway if possible 

djkyote · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2009 · Points: 0

The west side is problematic of a number of reasons.  Four Hills would be ideal for your parameters, but can be pricey.  North of 25 and west of Eubank is still reasonable per square foot and would be short commute, close to foothills access.  The market here just picked up in the last year, so there are a lot of options.  I've been here 25 years, PM me.

Joshua Brown · · ABQ · Joined Sep 2011 · Points: 0

Check south of central and east of Eubank. Nice neighborhoods and close to the Eubank gate. A lot of Sandians live in that area. If you are looking to buy I can get you in touch with my realtor. Super chill.
Stay away from anything south of the freeway and west of Louisiana and east of Nob Hill. 

I live in four hills and its not too pricy... but I also live in the poor part of four hills.

Edited for spelling.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply