Kolob Canyon - Namaste 6/9

Original Post
Brian Slepian · · Brooklyn, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Traveling on my own and would love to climb Namaste and some other stuff in South Fork. Brought my rope and sport rack but need a partner!! Anyone down to go this Friday? (Could potentially do Thursday, too.) Or if I just show up would I be able to find a partner?

Thanks!

Ken Noyce · · Layton, UT · Joined Aug 2010 · Points: 2,067
Brian Slepian wrote:

Traveling on my own and would love to climb Namaste and some other stuff in South Fork. Brought my rope and sport rack but need a partner!! Anyone down to go this Friday? (Could potentially do Thursday, too.) Or if I just show up would I be able to find a partner?

Thanks!

I am extremely doubtful that you would find a partner if you just showed up.  I've been there a half a dozen times and only ever seen another person there once.

John Wilder · · Las Vegas, NV · Joined Feb 2004 · Points: 1,530
Brian Slepian wrote:

Thanks!

If you're coming in during the week, I'd say you'll want to bring a partner with you- i've never seen anyone else back there. 

You'd have a higher (but not 100%) chance of someone being back there on the weekend...but its still pretty out of the way and there are only a handful of routes back there.

Mike Womack · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Mar 2014 · Points: 1,486

I unfortunately will not be there... But agreed with Ken here in saying you probably won't find a partner there...  Make sure you have lots of draws and at least a 70m! 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply