Mountain Project Logo

European climbing partner - June 8 to June 16 - Germany, Italy, France, Switzerland, etc

Original Post
BryanOC · · All over · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 5

I will be a European nomad June 8 - 16, I have no plans, I am just going to roam around.  I will start my trip in Frankfurt Germany and rent a car from there.  I plan on doing a mix of camping in the car and hotels/hostels.  

But due to luggage restrictions, I will only have enough room for my harness and shoes.  I will see if I can stuff draws and rope in there, but that might be pushing it.....  If you know of some good trad multipitches (moderate grades YDS 5.8, French 5a) I will bring my rack.  

I'm not the strongest climber, but I am a very safe and competent climber, and good all around guy!  

Contact me here and maybe we can meet up!  I'd love for this to be a nomadic European road trip!  

stev spooner · · Tucson · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 13

Hey Bryan, I'm studying in Leipzig right now. Ive got this weekend off if you'll be anywhere around the area. Maybe we can meet up and climb somewhere.

Sam L Aus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Bryan, 

I am doing something similar. I start in Munich on the 9th of July and will make my way toward Tyrol area, Innsbruck and/or the Dolomites over mid June. I'm happy climbing 6 thru 7a however I love easy trad multipitch. Will have a 60m single rope and 10 alpine/draws. Let me know if you firm up your plans and maybe we can get a climb in. 

Sam

Hi guys, I'm back in the USA now.  I ended up climbing in the Austrian Alps, Berchtesgaden.  Route was called Weder Blau Noch Sand, 6+.  A really nice bolted multipitch climb!  The tram is a bit pricey to get up there, 22 euro pax.  Well worth it!

Sam, you're not too far away in Munich!  I met another climber out there if you need a partner, but it'll be for easier stuff, like 4+ to 5- range. 

Sam L Aus · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Thanks mate. That's awesome.

Question - did you have a tent, or would you recommend bringing one for the area?

Sam L Aus wrote:

Thanks mate. That's awesome.

Question - did you have a tent, or would you recommend bringing one for the area?

I stayed in a hotel in the city but they have a "hut" up there if you wanted it to be an alpine style of climb.  A european "hut" is more like a mountain hostel, not like a straw hut.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply