Looking for serious climbing partners in Eastern MA for TR, sport, trad- Weekdays

Original Post
Spencer Ringwood · · Somerville, MA · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I'm looking for interested, committed climbing partner(s) in Eastern MA for sport and trad, single and multi pitch, who's available weekdays Monday-Thursday. I've been cragging here and there with different partners for the past few years, which is great, but I'm looking for more adventure. 

Grade wise, I'm climbing about 5.10 on top rope and I'm not sure how that compares to climbing on lead but I'm not opposed to grades significantly lower than that.

I have some gear that would probably be okay on single pitch routes and could complement another small rack for longer routes or different gear; 60m non-dry rope, C4s in .4-1, standard set of stoppers, wire gate biners and slings for alpine draws or extending cam placements, 6 quickdraw, nut tool, a few dyneema slings in single and double length, plenty of cordalette in varying diameters, couple of mini trax I use for rope-soloing, lots of big lockers and a pink tricam. Of course I have my own harness, belay devices (ATC, ATC guide), shoes, helmet and what have you.

I don't have any experience climbing on lead, purchased this gear with the intention and means of climbing trad and/or sport, but life got busy and now I'm having a hard time finding someone to use it all with.

I've taught myself how to ascend fixed lines, single and double strand rappelling, rappelling on a Münter, various friction hitches, different knots and their uses, setting anchors, placing gear, etc., I'm comfortable and confident off the ground and would place my overall experience level somewhere beginner and intermediate (if that makes sense). I would like to improve my gear placement, rope management and lead belaying skills, although I understand how it works and I'm a very quick learner.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply