Daks (or maybe NH) July 1-4

Original Post
Aaron Moses · · Richmond, Va · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 220

I'm most excited to climb single pitch cracks in the 10 to mid 11 range, but I'm also down for some multi-pitch, particularly something easier for a light day.  And I'm happy to trade belays with safe climbers of any ability level.

I'll be coming from Richmond, VA, so it would be great if I could find someone to carpool with or catch a ride with from a train station instead of having that long drive by myself.

Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,366
Aaron Moses wrote:

And I'm happy to trade belays with safe climbers of any ability level.

Do you mean swap leads?

Aaron Moses · · Richmond, Va · Joined Aug 2009 · Points: 220

By "trading belays", I mean taking turns belaying each other on different routes if someone wants to climb harder or easier than myself.  I usually use the term "swapping leads" on multipitch or something where the other climber has to follow.

Kevin Heckeler · · Upstate New York · Joined Jul 2010 · Points: 1,366
Aaron Moses wrote:

By "trading belays", I mean taking turns belaying each other on different routes if someone wants to climb harder or easier than myself.  I usually use the term "swapping leads" on multipitch or something where the other climber has to follow.

Okay that makes sense, never heard that term before.  I guess I never assumed when climbing with someone I would be leading everything, so never needed to make that distinction.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply