Mountain Project Logo

Looking for partners in the Sierras, Mammoth/Bishop area and surrounding.

Original Post
Sarah-Min Donahue · · Mammoth Lakes · Joined Aug 2012 · Points: 30

Hi there, I just arrived to the Mammoth area and will be here all summer.  I'm looking to climb as much as possible. I work very little right now but probably more during the August and July months.  My favorite is long adventure routes and trad cragging,  but I still love sport climbing and a little bouldering here and there. I can get out in the morning on days that I work and do multi day trips on the days I'm off. I have a full rack and lots of stoke.  I lead low 10's on granite right now and maybe more if I'm feeling freaky. I can follow anything like a champ. Hit me up!

kenr · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2010 · Points: 11,120

I like "long adventure routes" also, and there's lots of them around the southern Sierra Eastside. Likely I'll be around late July thru mid-late August, so if you or other climbers want to share ideas + stories about long routes -- or even try to climb one together, sure send me a message thru my MP account.

. (By "long adventure" I mean carrying at most a 6mm rappel rope and say 3-5 pieces of trad gear and a couple of long slings.
. . . though maybe with the right partner I might consent to add a 16 to 30 meter dynamic lead rope).

Ken

Alistair Veitch · · Mountain View, CA · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey there, I'll be in Mammoth from mid-June through mid-Aug, and sounds like we are pretty similar in level/things we want to do. I'll send a separate 1:1 message. Anyone else also looking for partners, please also let me know.

Cheers,

Alistair

kendall karch · · portland · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey!

I will be in Bishop area and would love to climb june 19-20. I know the area a bit and the rock is superb and accessible. It would be a blast - lets message and get out there!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply