Looking for climbing partners for the summer-Located in Albany, NY

Original Post
Tim Zaccaria · · Albany, NY · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I've been climbing for about 3.5 years (33 year old male), mostly in New Mexico, but all over the southwestern U.S.  I climb sport and trad (real interest is multi-pitch), and have a relatively full rack, rope and other gear needed.  I'm looking to explore the Adirondacks, Gunks, and other surrounding crags this summer.  In New Mexico, I was part of a local club that ran a climbing safety school every year, so I'm very familiar with safety and self-rescue skills.  I am back in NY temporarily until the end of July, and my schedule is open in the meantime (weekdays and weekends).  I have not climbed in the northeast yet, so climbs are unknown to me, but I'm looking forward to exploring the area.  Get in touch if you're interested!

Trenton Wise · · Longmont, co · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

I will be visiting NY in later June and was hoping to find someone to climb with for a day at the Gunks. Please email back if interested. I was only hoping to bring my harness and shoes

Chris Oleson · · Santiago, Chile · Joined May 2011 · Points: 285

Hey Tim,

I´m looking to be in the Dacks between June 30 and July 3 or 4th.  I've never climbed in the Dacks and looking to learn the area.  I used to live in NYC and climb at the Gunks all the time, however I imagine the Gunks will be crazy busy that weekend (hoping the Dacks a little less so).  I lead trad to 5.9 (Gunks 5.9s) and sport to 10d.  Let me know if you are free those dates. 

Cheers,

Chris

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply