Mountain Project Logo

North Conway / Cathedral climbing partners this summer

Original Post
Casey Engstrom · · Burnaby, BC · Joined Apr 2014 · Points: 25

I will be living in northern New Hampshire this summer, and am looking for climbing partners at Cathedral, Whitehorse, Humphreys etc. Mostly interested in the 5.10/5.11 range, especially trad (have rack). Pretty flexible schedule.

Scott Simon · · Carbondale, Illinois · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 0

Hey Casey,  I too will be living in the area this summer and early fall. Stationed near Hanover.  I have mainly bouldered (usually because lack of a partner) and sport climbed (5.10ish max). I am extremely interested in learning trad.  Schedule seems to be open Sundays and Mondays.  

Benjamin Mitchell · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2016 · Points: 0

Let me know if you need a partner on the weekends. I'm just breaking in to leading 5.10 at Cathedral and I'd love to follow some of the harder routes! I have a car, tons of gear, and solid with the technical stuff (lots of multi-pitch experience, good with self-rescue, WFR certified, etc)

lucander · · Stone Ridge, NY · Joined Apr 2009 · Points: 240

Game on!  I'm spending all of July in the Whites with my wife and baby.  15+ years trad experience.  I'm solid to 5.8 trad and usually comfortable leading 5.10/low 5.11.  We used to spend a lot of time in the area until we moved to the Gunks, so I know Cathedral/White Horse quite well.  Check my profile for experience and be in touch.  

David Lucander  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply