camping at RRG

Original Post
Jerome Penner · · Louisville KY · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Headed to the gorge this weekend and I'm looking for a quiet place to camp , any ideas? I know Miguels is the go to climbers camp but I heard its pretty loud and crowded. I would like to be as close as possible to Muir Valley if I can.  

Eric Carlos · · GJ · Joined Aug 2008 · Points: 30

Land of the Arches is right down the road from Muir and a great place for peace and quiet this time of year.

ViperScale · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2013 · Points: 165

You can basically just get a pass and drive around the gravel roads in the national forest. Not sure direction but leave miguels take a right out and get a pass from the gas station than take a right out of the gas station go down through the tunnel and out that way and pick a direction from there. Alot of pull off areas to camp, just avoid the open fields where alot of people tend to camp (porta johns there if you want to use em). I think the last time we were there we found a pull off hiked down to a small creek and camped on the shore by ourselves.

Matthew Massey · · Beckley, WV · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 5

I stayed at Natural Bridge Campground last time I went, it was about 20ish minutes away from Muir. Very cheap stay, nice showers and quiet as can be.

StephMarie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Fincastle campground next to Muir. Quiet. Shower House. Flat Spots. IF it is still there, you can literally walk to Muir

I stayed at Land of Arches! thanks guys!

Joe Z. · · Prairei du Sac, WI · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 0

I have a small a frame camper are there and good places for camping with that?

TaylorP · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2016 · Points: 0

Not sure why people say miguels is loud. You can setup tent like 1000 feet from the pavilion. Plus people dont usually get too rowdy

There were other campgrounds that I saw and I don't see why having an A frame camper at the lower lot of Land Of Arches would be problem but I honestly don't know 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply