La Sportiva Trango Ice Cube reviews

Original Post
Kevin Mcbride · · Nelson · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 160

Looking to replace my light ice and mixed boot. I currently have the scarpa rebel pro and sadly their life is coming to an end. The rebel was always a touch wide for my feet and that is why I'm considering the trango ice cube. I also know that the trango last fits me well. I was wondering if anyone with experience with the trango ice cube could tell me how they are? 

climbing coastie · · Wasilla, AK · Joined Feb 2011 · Points: 90

I bought a pair just after the start of the season. Out of the box they impressed the hell out of me. Super light! First few times I climbed with them they were great. Very warm for the weight, stuff underfoot but great articulation, did I mention light?

After climbing in them more I was less impressed. An area just behind my big toes on top of my foot started bothering me that ended up creating a lump on both feet. Almost stopped using them, but they were the only boots I had avalible. I've loved my Napal's and my Trango Extreams, but the Ice Cubes are cut differently. After about 10-15 days I noticed the plastic lace hooks started to pull out of the boot. I limped them along to finish the year, but will have metal lace hooks installed before next season. 

Over all I wished I'd had gone with the Phantom Guides as I love my 6000's 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply