Alpine/mountaineering partner for summer; based out of Seattle

Original Post
Jasna Hodzic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

Re-posting this here from a thread I wrote in the general PNW forum

I'm a climber based out of Seattle, I just moved here in January to start grad school. I am from California and I've done a lot of summer backcountry climbing in the High Sierra. Just paging through the Cascades guidebook this weekend got me sweating and psyched for another summer of high country adventure! Problem is , I don't know that many people. I have plenty of things on my tick list and if anyone is keen on forming a solid partnership this summer , let me know and we can talk details. I also am interested in doing some glacier travel/mountaineering on the classics like Baker, Adams , Rainier... but I have never done anything liek that and so my experience is minimal. I can't afford to pay for a guide, but if anyone here is interested in teaching me some things I can guarantee I will be a motivated, energetic partner. I can lead trad up to 11-, sport 13- .. can belay whatever :)

Also, I have a very flexible schedule and it would be great to try to be a weekday warrior.

Jasna

408 386 0161

Avi Katz · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2010 · Points: 130

Hi Jasna,

I'm based in Seattle. 20 years of experience including guiding and teaching. No car, but stoked to get on anything. My schedule rotates variably so some weeks I'm free during the work week. Would love to get onto any classics.

evelyn · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2011 · Points: 0

Hello to you both, Jasna and Avi:

Jasna, I am in the same boat as you - I just moved up here to start a new job last month, so I'm looking for someone to do some trad climbing with. I lived in Mammoth Lakes for a season and love the Sierras as well. I have a little bit of history with climbing at Index and am excited to get back there. I would also love to explore the Eastern Cascades. It sounds like we might be on the same level with our trad leading skills, but if I ever thought I could follow a 5.13 sport climb, I'd definitely make sure to have you put the rope up! I'll try to get in touch with you in the next couple of days.

Unfortunately I am a weekend warrior right now, so until we start having enough daylight to hit up some of the climbs on I-90, I can probably only meet at the UW Rock or a gym during the week.

Avi, I have a car and would love to meet up with you too! :) 

Evelyn

Kevin Davidson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey Everybody,

Just wanted to be another option for you ya'll too.  My MO right now is mountaineering so I'm game for that. Would like to get into some rock climbing but I have only done some top rope climbing. I've been in WA for a year but was heavy in Whitewater kayaking when I first got here. I have been spending almost all my time around Mt. Rainier lately backpacking and camping in the snow. Myself and a couple buddies from the east coast did a Summit attempt just a couple weeks ago when the Ingraham direct route was in. We had a 3 person rope team and one of my buddies just wasn't physical prepared so we fell about 700 ft short. I have days off during the week as well and some weekends but would be more of a player for during the week. I live in Yelm so I would be more than happy to do the driving from there. 

Kevin

Marzieh Karami · · Milwaukee · Joined Nov 2015 · Points: 0

Hi all,

I have done a lot of hiking and backpacking in snow but nothing in technical mountaineering. I have my crampons and ice axes but I am not experienced in setting anchors and leading glaciers. I live in Wisconsin and I would love to travel to Seattle and climb some mountains there. Let me know if I can join you on something in my level!

Marzi

Little Red · · Seattle, WA · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

If anyone wants to do an overnight climb up Mt. Adams sometime during June 12-16, let me know!

Jasna Hodzic · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2012 · Points: 0

I am keen for all of these things and more! If anyone wants to teach me some basic glacier travel, I guarantee you'd have a motivated partner. Like I said above, I am more experienced and can hold my weight in technical rock climbing, including long multipitches in the backcountry. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Thanks!

Jasna

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply