I can't flip the bird!

Original Post
Bryant Race · · Washington,CT · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

So I've been climbing for about 2 years but in the last few months I've  had the time to actually start climbing about 3 times a week, mostly bouldering because that's all I have near me. The injury bug finally nabbed me and I managed to hurt my A1 pulley(self diagnosed). After trying to climb through it briefly, I wised up, took some rest, and now I'm trying to ease back into it with more careful climbing. However, in the absence of climbing, I have been training more often and have noticed some pain start to occur in my right elbow, mainly when I'm training for lock-offs on the pull-up bar. I know they're some funky stuff going on in that arm and now I'm noticing something that indicates I'm probably way too tight there, I can't give the middle finger on that right arm! My forearm feels super tight when I'm trying to separate that finger from the rest and the best I can do is that Eminem style middle finger where he has a bunch of other digits up as well. Any advice or ideas on things I should be doing to try to alleviate some of the stress going on in that right arm? Or some ideas on how to limber it up.

Benj84 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 425

You better lose yourself in the music, the moment

You own it, you better never let it go

You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow

This opportunity comes once in a lifetime !

no but for real tho get some rest and see a doctor

T Roper · · DC,VA,NM,UT,CT,MA · Joined Mar 2006 · Points: 860

Sounds like typical bouldering pains to me. 

James Sweeney · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 30

Sure you can!

Bryant Race · · Washington,CT · Joined Aug 2016 · Points: 0

I'm gonna suck it up and use that good health insurance while I still have it. Hopefully I'll be looking like Mr. Met in no time but still employed 

eli poss · · Durango, Co · Joined May 2014 · Points: 456

Good choice. When you see a doctor, or at least a good physical therapist, you usually end up getting back to climbing much sooner than self treatment because you won't re-injure yourself in the process and they know of exercises to speed up the healing. 

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply