Mountain Project Logo

Brand New Edelrid Topaz Climbing Rope 70m 9.2 Dry dual color

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Climb80 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Brand new Edelrid Topaz 70 m 9.2 dry climbing rope, I have this rope my self and love it. Long, skinny and strong. Also bicolor rope pattern marks that middle of the rope. If you are looking for an all around rope look no further then this. The rope has all the bells and whistles handles very well. If you have any questions please just ask. Full retail is $289.99 plus tax paid $315 for it. I'm looking for $250 Thanks for looking

Lev Kisselman · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2015 · Points: 0

PMed

Jaren Watson · · Boise, Idaho · Joined May 2010 · Points: 1,205

Climb80, this sounds like a good all-around rope. Where have you used yours and on what kinds of routes?

Hi, I have used mine lots of different environments, I live in a location that is wet but has desert only hour away. Its dry treated so the wet wont effect it or the fine sand in the desert. I have used mine on long trad routs and spot climbs. I would say it is better for the longer trad routs then sport, but I use mine often for sport. The rope has given me one of the softest catches love love love this rope .. 

Bump

T-rack · · Merced, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 185

Why didn't you just create one post instead of 10?

Bump

Mark L · · New York, NY · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

Ummmm, I already bought this from you about a month ago.  This is the same thread, with the same exact photos.  I don't understand why you are bumping a thread for an item that you already sold.  To be honest with you something just doesn't seem right.  Please feel free to explain to me how you are selling an item that I already bought from you.

Simple I have another rope. Why is there an issue with that . I worked out a great deal on yours sent it right away with no issues as I have done and gotten positive feedback from everyone else that has purchased something from me. What is fishy about that? It cost me almost 40$ to ship the rope to you. If you had a question you could have just pm me instead of calling me a cheat or fishy person. I guess what ever floats your boat, it  gives me a chance to show everyone I have nothing to hide . I wish you the best and that you are in enjoying the rope .

Climb80 wrote:

Simple I have another rope. Why is there an issue with that . I worked out a great deal on yours sent it right away with no issues as I have done and gotten positive feedback from everyone else that has purchased something from me. What is fishy about that? It cost me almost 40$ to ship the rope to you. If you had a question you could have just pm me instead of calling me a cheat or fishy person. I guess what ever floats your boat, it  gives me a chance to show everyone I have nothing to hide . I wish you the best and that you are in enjoying the rope .

I wasn't calling you a cheat, and I do appreciate the deal that we were able to make.  Our transaction went as smooth as a baby's ass, and I would recommend that others do business with you because everything came just as it was supposed to, and in a timely fashion no less.  I was just a bit perplexed as to why you were still advertising the rope after I had purchased it; I wasn't aware of the fact that you had more than one.  I'm sorry if the wording of my post made it sound like I was questioning your legitimacy as a seller, because that was in no way my intention.  I was just a little confused as to why someone would buy more than one of the same rope, and turn around and sell them all.  It's none of my business as to why you are selling what you are selling; the only reason it would be is if our transaction didn't go through as planned.  I still haven't gotten a chance to put the rope to use, but I did manage to pick up a Mega Jul to use with it as per your suggestion.  I need to practice using the Mega Jul a bit more.  It still feels a bit unnatural for me, but I like the concept of it and how it is used.  I really can't wait to put them to use; it really is a beautiful rope that is begging to be climbed on. 

To anyone who is reading this, I can verify that Climb80 is a legitimate seller, and he delivers exactly what he advertises in a timely manner.  He and I were able to work out a great deal on some new climbing gear, and I believe that we both came out on top as a result.

leo qiu · · Davis, CA · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 38

I feel like it is everyone's business to know where and how you got "these ropes" in the first place! It is our right to question if you have purchased these ropes legitimately... Did you get pro deals off these rope like 35-40%, then sell them to make a bit of extra cash? I won't really get offended, it is pretty reasonable to ask these questions when the deal seems to be a bit too good to be true.  

Mark, thank you for your response back. I do my best to thrive to deliver exactly what I have listed. I believe in being honorable and to follow through. 

I hope you are able to use the rope and the Jul soon. The Jul does take a little getting use to but I assure you ones you have used it you will love it. Do check out the do have a new way of bringing up a second with it watch some videos on it. Keep me posted on how you like both items 

Climb on and no bad blood between us, buyer was quick to pay and deal with would do business with again and recommend to others . 

Gunkiemike · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2009 · Points: 2,745
leo qiu wrote:

I feel like it is everyone's business to know where and how you got "these ropes" in the first place! It is our right to question if you have purchased these ropes legitimately... Did you get pro deals off these rope like 35-40%, then sell them to make a bit of extra cash? I won't really get offended, it is pretty reasonable to ask these questions when the deal seems to be a bit too good to be true.  

That's sure what it looks like. Not cool to re-sell pro deal'ed gear.

There are a number of regular sellers on here that move a ton of brand new gear.  Like divnamite's multiple sets of new-in-the-bag BD cams. Always makes me wonder what the story is.

Gunkiemike wrote:

That's sure what it looks like. Not cool to re-sell pro deal'ed gear.

There are a number of regular sellers on here that move a ton of brand new gear.  Like divnamite's multiple sets of new-in-the-bag BD cams. Always makes me wonder what the story is.

I am in no way saying that this is what is going on here, but if it were the case would it stop you from buying something from him for a lower price than you would pay to get it from a big name outdoor store?  I honestly don't know how I would feel about that.  I am fully aware that such behavior can cause a gear manufacturer to lose money, and in turn be unable to conduct research/testing in the name of creating new and innovative climbing technology.  Should one care more about their own financial situation, and scoop up a resold pro deal item so they could save a little more money in their bank account in order to buy a home?  I guess in both situations there is always going to be someone that is at a loss.  Everyone's situation is different.  I know that if I had kids, and the only job I could find was part time work at an outdoor retailer part time for $12 an hour, and that wasn't enough to cover my bills, rent, vehicle payment, food, and basic necessities for my children I would probably try reselling stuff that I bought at a discounted price.  Then I would be the taking the risk of losing my job and being in a far worse situation than when I had the job.  I honestly don't know how to feel about the issue.

Wouldn't they catch on to you if you purchased an unordinary amount of gear every couple of weeks, especially if some of it was identical to what you bought in the past?  I'd imagine that it would be very hard to get your hands on enough pro deal gear to sell for a profit substantial enough that it would be worth the risk?  I know that if I were able to get pro deals I would cling on to that for as long as I could and follow the book word by word.  Unfortunately for me, I don't think that I will have access to pro deals anytime in the near future.  

I don't think it's fair to say that this is definitely a case of pro deal abuse.  A number of things could have led to somebody having access to a bunch of similar gear that is brand new.  Perhaps a small outdoors/climbing shop went out of business and auctioned off their remaining inventory.  There really is no way of knowing unless the seller comes out and says . it, which he really shouldn't have to do.  If the goods that a seller is selling were obtained in an unethical or illegal manner, it will most likely come back to bite that person in the ass.  The thing is that buying and selling things online between private individuals is a lot different than making an exchange in person.  If I could get a sick deal on a new set of speakers that a guy named JoeJoe28 had listed at 70% lower than retail, I would most likely scoop them up.  But if I was walking down the street and a box truck pulled over and two guys named Joe got out and offered me the same exact deal I would say "no thanks".  I guess there is really no conclusion to what I have said other than the fact that there is no way of knowing the origin of the things we buy and sell online, and that it is basically a chaotic place where most people only care about their best interests.  That is one thing that I like about this site; a good amount of the users seem like honest people who care about others as well as themselves.  I just bought a brand new pair of climbing shoes from a guy who told me to just PayPal him the money when I got shoes in the mail.  I couldn't believe it, and it actually restored a little bit of the faith I have in humanity these days.  I guess we all have to make our own determinations about what to buy and what not to buy online because it is rarely in black and white.  

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply