More than two Quotes disappearing

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

Bug report:

For example, if you have 4 quotes in a post and after submission, it will pick two to not display. They just disappear. When you edit the post again, the quotes are there, however. They just don't show up after submission. Go back and edit again and they are there. Submit, they are gone. It's really odd. 

Test quote 1

--- bla bla bla

Test quote 2

--- bla bla bla

Test quote 3

--- bla bla bla

Test quote 4

Nick Wilder · · The Bubble · Joined Jan 2005 · Points: 1,716

Can you give me a link to one of these?  The edit page or the result would be fine.  I'll take a look.

Thanks.

There you go. I edited initial post with FOUR quotes. Only 1 and 4 are displaying. In this case, the edit puts all the quotes back into one quote block so to speak. On other posts, the edit doesn't do that because I have plain text separating the quotes. Note, this happens when using increase as well as an actual user quote. That is to say, it treats them the same. I think after two quotes it starts bugging.

It seems that this happens when you have quotes next to each other with no text between them.  I was able to replicate your problem, but when I added text between them, it saves them properly.

I'm researching a real fix for this, but give that a try for now.  Thanks.

Nick Wilder wrote:

It seems that this happens when you have quotes next to each other with no text between them.  I was able to replicate your problem, but when I added text between them, it saves them properly.

I'm researching a real fix for this, but give that a try for now.  Thanks.

I'm not seeing it working with text in between either. See my new edit. Maybe with more text?

ETA: I'm working around it another way so take your time.

I tried some new code.  Seems to have fixed this case.  Hope I didn't break some other case...

Thanks Nick!

Brian Abram · · Celo, NC · Joined Oct 2007 · Points: 228
Nick Wilder wrote:

I am a big poopy face, and I think all routes should be retrobolted

I wish that quotes were not editable. Even if it means we can't whittle them down to the part of the quote we are replying to.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply