Pennsylvania sport partner (Birdsboro, Safe Harbor or, Ralph Stover)

Original Post
Arden Clark · · Philadelphia, PA · Joined May 2016 · Points: 0

Hi guys! 

Looking for someone to climb with in the Philadelphia/Delaware County/Lancaster areas. I mainly climb Sport and I love Safe and Bird, but have heard good things about Ralph Stover, which I haven't climbed at.

normajean · · Reading, PA · Joined Jun 2015 · Points: 50

I am available some Mondays and Fridays. When are you looking to climb? Also, what grade do you lead?

Crossing · · Breinigsville, PA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,081

Hi Arden, I'm available every other weekend and typically climb at the bird.  Shoot me a message if you would like to climb sometime.

bomclimber1 Jensen · · Fort Collins · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

I'd be up for Birdsboro tomorrow!  Actually I guess it's today now!  Anyone?

Todd Jumpbuilder · · west chester, pa · Joined 24 days ago · Points: 0

I would love to have a partner at the Bird and or Safe Harbor. I've been to the Bird but never safe harbor. Sunday?

bomclimber1 Jensen · · Fort Collins · Joined Aug 2011 · Points: 0

Yeah!  Let's go to safe harbor on Sunday!

What grades do want to climb?

Call me!

Early start Sunday. Supposed to be 90.

Crossing · · Breinigsville, PA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 1,081

I hope you guys are planning to go to Safe Harbor North, you'll likely need oven mitts and a portable air conditioner if you plan on climbing at Safe Harbor South!

HaustinM · · reno, nv · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 15

I'll be in Reading June 14-21 visiting family, anyone interested in showing me what PA has to offer for climbing?! Willing to pitch in gas and beer! 

Eric Johns · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

Hello all. I'm looking for a partner for June 15th. I've climbed each of these spots and am game for whatever. It is supposed to be in the low 80s and I completely agree with Crossing's comment, safe harbor south would be too hot, however (SH north in the morning only should be ok). I am doing a climbing trip out west in August for the first time and the things I need to practice/learn are crack climbing and multi-pitch, so those would be my preferences, but I'm flexible. Let me know if you want to meet up, thanks! 

You were right Crossing. Went the safe north this morning. Arrived at 630, climbed for 2 1\2 hours before the sun hit the rock. It was beautiful.

Eric, lots of what you are looking for there. I parked at chestnut grove? Easy walk down and back.

Conor McIntyre · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

@ERIC I'll climb with you bro.   Have all necessary equipment with a moderate skill level in top roping and have never been afraid to venture out of my comfort zones with climbing.  

Climbing safe south on Sunday. Morning. 630 when its cool and full of bliss. Anyone?

see you there todd

Meet at tunnel. Obviously, if its still raining, no go. I will update at 5 before we leave or not.

sounds good brotha.    

Tunnel 7

see you then

Josh S · · Trenton, NJ · Joined 3 days ago · Points: 0

I would love to see birdsboro/stovers/water gap/area in general. I've been working at a summer camp for the previous 2 summers with their outdoor department and haven't climbed in the area before. At that job I learned the basics and did some sport climbing setups in the Keene and high peaks area of the Dacks with kids and teens. Other than that, I'm mostly a gym climber with a full top rope setup and crash pad with tags attached. 5.8/5.9 and V2, but not all gyms are the same. Down to learn more, see more of this area, and meet new people. 609-306-4048

Tylerpratt · · Litchfield, Connecticut · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 0

+1 for Stover shit pile living up to its nickname! So glad I dont live in central NJ anymore. =)

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply