FS: Tenaya Inti Climbing Shoes (5.5 & 6)

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10

I have two pairs of Tenaya Inti climbing shoes for sale. More details over at Trango.

First pair:  

• 4.5 UK
  • 5.5 USM
  • 6.5 USW
  • 37.5 EUR

Second Pair: 

• 5 UK
  • 6 USM
  • 7 USF
  • 38 EUR

From what I've read, the Inti is a bit more narrow than the RA and why it often used by women; and men with narrow feet too, of course.

It features a similar last to the best-selling Ra, but with a slightly narrower and lower volume fit.

Both were bought in used, but like new condition and she tried them on once to check for fit (they were too small for my daughter.)

Retail for $130. Size 13 and 13.5 are currently the only sizes on sale over at Backcountry and this for $100. They don't have the smaller sizes, however.

So, a little over half off the sale price = $45 a pair shipped. Firm. Paypal and Lower 48. I can add pics later.

RobG814 · · Wilmington, NC · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 335

How do these size compared to other brands?

RobG814 wrote:

How do these size compared to other brands?

RobG814, honestly, I'm the last person to ask about sizing. Sizing climbing shoes has been the single most frustrating thing for me. I still haven't gotten it right and stores don't really carry any shoes on my size most of the time, so it's been online taking a chance they fit every step of the way.

With that disclaimer out of the way, Tenaya makes all their shoes to NOT stretch much at all. That's been my experience with the Tatanka. I wear a 13 street and a 13.5 trail shoe. I bought the Tatanka in 13.5 and they are too small for me. And these two shoes were both in the street range for my daughter but, they were too small for her too.

To quote the reviewers on Backcountry:

As far as sizing goes, I wear a women's 9.5 [that's a men's 8.5] in street shoes and the Inti I wear in a men's 10 [women's 11; she's going 1.5 sizes up from her street shoe]. After developing extensor tendonitis in my left foot from too-tight climbing shoes, I no longer opt for a size that causes any pain or uncomfortability. My toes touch the ends of the size 10 with just the tiniest curl to my longest toes. My foot is not at all cramped or crammed into these shoes. Even without the extremely small sizing that too many climbers opt for, I feel really solid in the Inti.

I'm with her. She sized up quite a bit, in fact. That's been my experience (my experience with all brands as well, though.) And here is another user who goes the other way and says to size down:

This shoe is the most comfortable, high performing shoe ive owned. It is somewhat downturned for steeper routes but is also extremely precise at edging. One size smaller than my street shoe is a snug fit. They are also synthetic so the size wont change or stretch much.

And another for size down:

These Shoe does run really big comparing to some of my other shoes. For Example, for my Evolv Optimus i wear a size 9. For the Inti I Purchased a size 7.5. Comparing to my Fiveten Dragon, 8.5. So these Inti does run really big especially going down a full size down. I even tried their full line like the Ra, Masai, and Tatanka but these were amazing and i love it.

And that's been my experience across the board with climbing shoe reviews. That is, people's take on sizing is never consistent. I know that might not help but, maybe?

If you like I can measure the shoes standing up on its heel. You can then measure either your foot or another shoe that fits to make a comparison. It's not perfect but, it's the closet we can get. Or take a chance, the price is right ;-)

Thanks man. I have no experience with Tenaya sizing so it's hard to judge. If you can measure the larger pair I can measure one of my wife's current shoes and see if it's close.

Okay, the size USW 7 (USM 6) is exactly (in eyeball terms) 230mm long from the heel (toes up, heel on a table) to the very tip of the toe. Which makes sense in my mind. That puts these about 1 to 1.5 size smaller than what they claim, and why they didn't fit my daughter; and what the reviewer has suggested too.

This puts these around a 5.5 USW. At least according to their chart. The other pair is about 220mm but, they are bent a bit more. I think because they are a tad more compact.

Hope that helps.

Note, these have some "aggression" and are curved slightly so they will have a bit of give in that respect. Not sure it matters, however. I'm trying to be thorough here.

Thanks for the info! My wife is a size 7 street shoe and I think these will be a little too small. Seems like a good deal though so someone will jump on it

Bump

Bump

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply