WTB: Cheap Down Jacket

FOR SALE/WANTED WARNING: Mountain Project cannot verify the identity or trustworthiness of any member. Fraud has happened.
  • Do not use PayPal "gift" payments, wire transfers, Western Union, etc.
  • Use PayPal credit card payments, or other systems that protect you from fraud.
Original Post
Melatonin Penguin · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Theres some big sales going on down jackets right now and I was hoping to pick up a used one even cheaper

Im looking for something midnight (say 3-4oz of down fill) in a jacket weighing under 14oz

With hood preferred

mark kerns · · denver, co · Joined Jul 2003 · Points: 315

go to Uniqlo.com.  they are a Japanese fashion brand, but they also sell some down outwear.  they have lightweight down jackets for cheap.  you will get a couple seasons out of it.  really good value.

Sunny-D · · SLC, Utah · Joined Aug 2006 · Points: 60

Backcountry had their brand Basin Range hooded down jackets for $69  I looked at one looked like a great jacket 

Basin and Range looked decent but its unproven and Ive had abrasion issues with my uniqlo down vest. Looking for something with ideally a better warranty or track record

walmongr · · Gilbert AZ · Joined Aug 2015 · Points: 50

Need a medium unfortunately!

How much fill does that jacket have anyways?

wayne willoughby · · SEATTLE · Joined Jul 2008 · Points: 0

I bought a Trespass jacket on sale last year.  For the price, it is a warm and well-built piece. Check around online.

CampinDave · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Sep 2016 · Points: 0

I have a Basin and Range Medium Wasatch 800Fill Down jacket that I have barely worn with a hood. If you want it for $50.   Its in like new condition.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply