Dome Rock (3rd or 4th of june)

Original Post
kjellerik · · San Diego, CA · Joined Apr 2010 · Points: 0

Anyone in the area and want to go up the Tree Route quickly on Saturday afternoon/evening (3rd) or Sunday am/noon (4th) ?

C Brooks · · Fresno, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 461

Do it either very early in the morning, of after 3 pm when it goes into shade. Its going to be HOT on that dome in the sun ~

Fat Dad · · Los Angeles, CA · Joined Nov 2007 · Points: 5

Generally a good tip for Dome Rock, I was up there last weekend and temps were real nice.

climberkalen · · kern county, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 68

Also around this time of year, pollen from the trees stick to the wall around the red mushrooms and carson-o-genic area.  Just a word of warning, ass-hat tourists and locals  DO NOT read the signs and DO throw rocks off all the time.

Chris Dunn 510 · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 0
climberkalen wrote:

Also around this time of year, pollen from the trees stick to the wall around the red mushrooms and carson-o-genic area.  Just a word of warning, ass-hat tourists and locals  DO NOT read the signs and DO throw rocks off all the time.

Dodged about 15+ softball sized stones last year while walking past "just barely" . We yelled at the top of our lungs to let them know we were down there, while taking cover. After the last one. I sprint to the top  with the full intent of killing someone, but came up short. There was no one on top, and when I got to the parking lot area . There was a fading dust trail from someone that just drove away.

kjellerik wrote:

Anyone in the area and want to go up the Tree Route quickly on Saturday afternoon/evening (3rd) or Sunday am/noon (4th) ?

As classic as it is, you might have to sweeten the pot a little more then just coming up to do the tree route. 

climberkalen · · kern county, CA · Joined Jun 2016 · Points: 68
Chris Dunn 510 wrote:

As classic as it is, you might have to sweeten the pot a little more then just coming up to do the tree route. 

Definitely, you can squeeze in tree route, last dihedral, and the first pitch of motorcycle crack.  If your really moving and grooving you could also do anti-jello to tree routes 3rd pitch belay, and carry it on out to the top, on a good day at the dome.

climberkalen wrote:

Definitely, you can squeeze in tree route, last dihedral, and the first pitch of motorcycle crack.  If your really moving and grooving you could also do anti-jello to tree routes 3rd pitch belay, and carry it on out to the top, on a good day at the dome.

Jeff .F  and I did all those before noon and then went to the needles and sprinted up black magic, Back in the day.

kjellerik wrote:

Did you ever find a partner to go out with?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply