South Platte - What are some Rope Solo Routes with easy access.

Original Post
Jfriday1 · · Conifer, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 0

Sometimes I have weekdays off and no partner and want to hit some single pitch Rope Solo Routes in South Platte.  What are some routes or areas besides Turkey Perch that can be hiked up to throw a rope down?  Looking for 5.7-10c range.

slim · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Dec 2004 · Points: 930

the platte has a bunch of great areas for this purpose.  in particular, a lot of the following areas are great because you can get a ton of pitches in and nobody ever wants to go there.

• deckers area:
    • atlantis slab, the grey wave wall on the north face of java dome, south face of java dome, little half dome, murphy's dome, borneo slab, bali dome
  • cathedral spires area:
    • angle iron slabs, poop point, snake buttress
  • FR 550 area (buff creek)
    • gnome dome, skinner mountain, da butts, little scraggy dome, humphrey's come.
Kevin Stricker · · Evergreen, CO · Joined Oct 2002 · Points: 325

Bucksnort slabs has some fun routes.  Getting to the top of the wall is a bit tricky but it doesn't get any more roadside than this.  

Jfriday1 · · Conifer, CO · Joined Jun 2012 · Points: 0

Thanks for taking the time to make some suggestions, it gives me some locations to start exploring for it.

Kyle P · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jan 2009 · Points: 0
Kevin Stricker wrote:

Bucksnort slabs has some fun routes.  Getting to the top of the wall is a bit tricky but it doesn't get any more roadside than this.  

Be aware that the top of Bucksnort is a bit touchy in regard to access.  I thought the dispute was a thing of the past, but just this Monday we caught a profanity laced rant from a woman that took the time to stop her car on Elk Creek Rd and holler at us.  The kicker: we were at the Motor Mouth anchors, mid slab.

Kevin is a legend (thanks for all your hard work to keep the Platte safe) and may know more, but it's worth treading lightly.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply