Yosemite, High Sierra, & General Alpine Objectives (Late August-Indefinite)

Original Post
William Buchanan · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

I'm finishing up a six month south american climbing trip and coming back to catch the tail end of summer while i'm still strong and motivated. Would love to find a climbing partner who is competent in alpine endeavors and can lead climb at 5.11a-b or higher trad and has lots of time for multi-day adventurous trips. As with all alpine climbs, i'll be focusing on fast & light in the Chalten/Fitz Roy style. I'll be living out of my truck so am quite flexible.

I'm planning on beginning the trip in Tuolumne at the end of August, and perhaps moving down to the valley when it gets colder. I'd love to get into the Needles, Incredible Hulk, Bear Creek Spire, and pretty much anything westward. Slowly moving my way towards Colorado or Montana to winter down there and get into ice climbing.

Monty · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Mar 2017 · Points: 0

I am looking for someone to do the grand teton in late August.  If you would be interested let me know.  I would be coming from the east coast.  Also hoping for a big wall in Sept.  Idealy El Cap.  I have many years of climbing experience.  I can lead hard 5.10 trad fairly well and lead easy 5.12 bolts on a good day. I have done a few routes in the valley already (leaning tower and a few days on mescalito) as well as some big stuff in el portrero, hard routes up devils tower, and all over the east coast.  I have alpine experience up  as high as 19,000 feet.  

William Buchanan · · Oakland, CA · Joined Feb 2015 · Points: 0

Hi Monty! I can't make the grand in August, but will be in Yosemite and the sierras working on alpine objectives in September. How much time do you have?

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply