A longer Petzl GO P15

Original Post
Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10

#lazyweb

Wondering if anyone knows of an equivalent to a Petzl GO P15 -- Oval Quick Link --  but, longer.

The GO (also known as Maillon G.O. â„–7 Steel) is about 80mm long. I'm hoping to find something similar but, 100-110mm long -- about an inch longer, if possible.

Kong has some longer ones but, they're also fatter and wider. I realize this may be necessary with the added length but, I wasn't sure. Plus, only two are rated; as seen in the table on their site. (am I gonna die?

Other options, perhaps?

Jim Titt · · Germany · Joined Nov 2009 · Points: 490

Maillon Rapide´s (or quick links) are pretty well standardised, the normal length (they are always measured for the internal length) ones are 7mm-52mm, 8mm- 58mm, 9mm-62mm, 10mm-69mm. The long form have a larger opening for bigger objects which is why they are made- 7mm- 65mm, 8mm-74mm and 10mm-85mm.

Whether anyone has ever made an even longer version I´ve no idea and I´ve never seen them in a trade catalogue. The range of certified ones to EN362 or EN122275 is even more limited, Peguet who are the largest manufacturer only make the 7mm long series with certification. 

There are also pear-shaped quicklinks available which are longer still, the ones we sell are 8mm-84mm inside length and 10mm 98mm inside length.

amarius · · Nowhere, OK · Joined Feb 2012 · Points: 20

Go to McMaster-Carr, search for "quick links". You will, most likely, die if you use one of them for lifting, but climbing should be OK.

Nate Doyle · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Feb 2016 · Points: 10

Although not Stainless Steel, these longer ones should do the trick. Looks like they are PPE even:

http://www.peguet.fr/ppe-certified-maillon-rapide-quick-links/large-opening-maillon-rapide?tab=tab-zingue

I guess SS only comes in their 7mm size. Plated is much cheaper and this is going on a harness so shouldn't be an issue in regards to wearing over time from the weather. I wouldn't think, anyway.

Thanks, everyone!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply