Mountain Project Logo

Thailand Climbing Partner needed for Railay Beach or Krabi. End of July-Beginning of Aug 2017

Original Post
Brandon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 25

Looking for climbing partners for Thailand, specifically Railay Beach area but will go pretty much anywhere in Thailand for climbing. Private guides cost like $85 bucks so would rather just find someone to go with. Will have probably like 5 alpine draws with me and a couple of anchors along with my harness and such. Lead up to 6c ish but down to climb whatever. Cheers!

Danny Graf · · Kingston, Queensland, AU · Joined Jun 2017 · Points: 0

Hey there. I just moved to phi phi island for the next 5 months and am looking for a partner aswell if you ever feel like you want to take the ferry over from railay. Always down to climb, i can lead 6b and top rope 6c+ on average if you are interested. 

Heres a list of my gear:

70m 9.4mm rope, 12 quickdraws, 5 carribeaners, 60mm sling, 120mm sling, chain sling, harness, helmet, 2 pares of climbing shoes, Thailand climbers guide book and the most wicked looking chewbaka chalk bag haha.

only thing is I can't leave this island as I'm doing my dive master internship this whole time, but being low season I get many days off and am free to climb every afternoon after 2pm anyways (which lines up well with the sun being out of the way for most of the routes here).

let me know if you are interested.

Brandon · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Oct 2015 · Points: 25

Wicked man, didn't even know about the phi phi Islands but it looks awesome. Seems like a pretty easy ferry ride over as well I'd be down to come over to climb. 

That's awesome with getting your dive master license! I'm actually going to be coming from Indonesia from a dive trip. Me and my cousin are getting our Advanced Open Water in Bali then doing a 6 day 5 night Liveaboard around the Komodo Islands, super psyched for it.

My email is bpcubuff4@gmail.com send me an email and I'll keep in touch. I get to Railay July 27th.

Cheers!

Brandon

Cliff T · · Redondo Beach, CA · Joined Jan 2017 · Points: 205
Danny Graf wrote:

Hey there. I just moved to phi phi island for the next 5 months and am looking for a partner aswell if you ever feel like you want to take the ferry over from railay. Always down to climb, i can lead 6b and top rope 6c+ on average if you are interested. 

Hey Danny,

I just arrived in Tonsai and will be around until 19 July. I plan to visit Phi Phi on 3-5 July with a non-climber. Will you be free to climb a half day on 4 July. I've been to Phi Phi before but I want to climb Pai Nohn Mai again and redpoint the 5th pitch. :) E-mail me!

Cliff   eatsleepclimbthings@gmail.com

Masha Lourie · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2015 · Points: 0

Hi guys!

I will be going to SE asia in five days planning to start in Vietnam and make our way down to Thailand around July 28th ... I am brining my harness and shoes only because will be on motorbike but would totally love to meet up with someone and do some sport climbing bouldering or deep water soloing if there is any. Ive climbed up to 6bs when I lived in Italy now its more around 6as! Have been lead belay certified for 5 years! Let me know if anyone is available! mlourie15@yahoo.com

Laura Chidgey · · Unknown Hometown · Joined Jul 2017 · Points: 0

Hi,

I'm in Krabi this week and I'm dying to gonclimbing. Im certified to lead belay and climb on ATC. If anyone is looking for a climbing partner hit me up! Email is laurabelle_6@hotmail.com

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Extended Trips and International Partners
Post a Reply to "Thailand Climbing Partner needed for Railay Bea…"

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started