Questions About Going to Vail World Cup

Original Post
Alex R · · Golden · Joined May 2015 · Points: 5

I am planning on going to Vail to watch the IFSC World Cup, but I am having trouble finding details. First of all, are tickets needed? I have looked around, but cannot find anywhere that says they are so I am assuming I can just walk right into the venue? Does anyone know how early you need to get there to get a spot close to the action?

Dan Cooksey · · Seattle, WA · Joined Jan 2014 · Points: 365
Alex R wrote:

I am planning on going to Vail to watch the IFSC World Cup, but I am having trouble finding details. First of all, are tickets needed? I have looked around, but cannot find anywhere that says they are so I am assuming I can just walk right into the venue? Does anyone know how early you need to get there to get a spot close to the action?

Tickets are not needed.  I hung out drank beer and chilled all day while watching the Qualifier, semis and finals.  It didn't get real crowded until the finals.  It's on a huge open lawn so bring a blanket and some chairs and enjoy your day.  If you want to do the citizens comp or any other activities then you have to pay.  I'd book a room soon if you are coming from out of town.  Good luck, I had fun last year.

Thanks, I was planning on just driving up the day of from Golden. On that note, if anyone wants to carpool with me from the Denver area, feel free to PM me.

Anyone know if dogs are allowed in the venue?

Nick Spitznagle · · Denver, Co · Joined Jul 2013 · Points: 114

Dogs are allowed

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply