Mountain Project Logo

Need some advice

Original Post
Ian Ritterbush · · Lincoln, Ne · Joined Apr 2017 · Points: 0

Hello, so I'm currently in Greece, where I've learned how to climb outdoors as well as learned the techniques in Canyoning. I am for certain that becoming a mountain guide is the right career for me and becoming Alpine certified through AMGA seems the way to go. Unfortunately, I lack the skills and experience to pursue AMGA at this time. My next step, when I return home, is gaining as much experience in the mountains as possible, hiking, climbing rock and ice, and everything in between. I live in Nebraska, which is a terrible place to be for mountains lovers like myself. Currently, I'm starting to acquire the gear necessary. As far as my experience, I've been climbing indoor for a few months now, have climbed Mt Lincoln and Mt Elbert in Colorado and have a trip planned for the Sierras in August. I'm going to be working from a computer when I get back so I will definitely be spending as much time in Colorado as I can racking in experience. If anyone has advice for me or would love To go on a climbing/hiking excursion let me know, I would be happy to learn anything I can. Thanks in advance!

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Mountaineering
Post a Reply to "Need some advice "

Welcome

Join the Community

Create your FREE account today!
Already have an account? Login to close this notice.

Get Started