Mountain Project Logo

Should I expect LS Testarossas to stretch as much as my LS Futuras?

Original Post
Nivel Egres · · New York, NY · Joined Dec 2014 · Points: 130

I wear Futuras in 38 and after a few week break-in period they fit perfectly and are my go-to shoe for specific style of climbing. I recall that day one they were rather painful,  but they have stretched and while tight are near-perect. Now, I bought a pair of Testarossas in the same size and they are just as unbearable. Should I expect them to stretch as much or less?  Cause if less, I'll probably got up half a size.

Jack Stephenson · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2016 · Points: 25

If not more, I would say!

LLubchenco · · Lander, wy · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 25

agreed with more. They're so downturned and the all leather upper will stretch nicely. I had a pair of futures in a 42 and testarossas in the same, and I never did get the futures quite to where I needed them. Good luck and have fun out there!

Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

They conform to your foot shape. I would not say they "stretch" in the sense of becoming meaningfully larger.

Personally I found Futuras in the same size as my Testarossas to be far too large, so that's a data point in favor of sizing up on the TR's.

Noah Yetter wrote:

They conform to your foot shape. I would not say they "stretch" in the sense of becoming meaningfully larger.

Personally I found Futuras in the same size as my Testarossas to be far too large, so that's a data point in favor of sizing up on the TR's.

Hmm. I owned a pair of ladies Miura lace-ups and still own a pair of Miura VS and Futuras, all in size 38, tight but comfortable. The two shoes I own in  38.5 are comfort-sized, a pair of Solutions that I can wear for a full gym session and a pair of TC Pros that are OK for a full day. To be honest, I am tempted to keep these and if in a few weeks I can't break them in, I'll post them on FS and size up. 

PS. On the other hand, nothing prevents me from doing the same after upsizing. Meh.

Noah Yetter · · Lakewood, CO · Joined Jul 2015 · Points: 105

Also of note, if they feel too narrow you can loosen the laces in the forefoot. That won't help if the excessive tightness is lengthwise, but for me it changed them from "my feet go numb after 10 minutes" to "my favorite shoes".

Decided to put them on again today and the are just too painful. Small toes are just too crunched up and I don't feel I can climb in them. Off they go.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply