First Solo Bouldering Trip

Original Post
Stephen Walterhouse · · Unknown Hometown · Joined May 2017 · Points: 0

I will be bouldering for the first time on my own and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with figuring out what to climb. I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to plan. I will be going to the following: Golden, Big Sky/Red Cliff campground, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons,  Little Medicine Bow, and RMNP. I climb up to V5 and would appreciate advice on finding routes (both online and when I'm actually there) as well as figuring out which holds are actually on. I found one guidebook for RMNP, but can't seem to find one for any of the other locations. I also don't have a smartphone so I'm going to have to figure out a way to have a physical copy of information.

Sorry for the long post.

Aleks Zebastian · · Boulder, CO · Joined Jul 2014 · Points: 0

climbing friend,

good luck on with your crushing boulder vision quest. may you achieve inner peace, unmatched crushing strength, and perhaps a climbing girlfriend.

may all your flash be bold and your heart filled with the loving kindness for of all being!

Skye Swoboda-Colberg · · Laramie, Wyoming · Joined Oct 2013 · Points: 110
Aleks Zebastian wrote:

climbing friend,

good luck on with your crushing boulder vision quest. may you achieve inner peace, unmatched crushing strength, and perhaps a climbing girlfriend.

may all your flash be bold and your heart filled with the loving kindness for of all being!

Send it, and she will come.

Guideline #1: Don't be a jerk.

Post a Reply