Your login works with all Adventure Projects sites
We're part of the REI Co-op family,
where a life outdoors is a life well lived.
I unintentionally triggered this conversation in the "I want to learn trad climbing" thread. Thought it would be fun to gather your best/funniest takes on the topic.
Thanks to Nate for his input, and here are some of mine...
Nate Doyle wrote:
- When your online dating profile is a new account here at MP.
- Your shiny new red Corvette is a Dragon 2 #3.
- And your new 20-year-old girlfriend, Fantasia, who you picked up at Lover's Leap, is a real knockout 5.9.
My top 5:
1) when are are closer in age to the experienced guide than your fellow students
2) you have more equipment than time (also called a poser/gumby/etc)
3) your wife is happy that you have life insurance; and lets you climb with complete strangers you meet online
4) people ask you for advice, when in fact they are more experienced than you
5) your co-workers gasp and say "don't hurt yourself!"